collapse

Author Topic: Crist pole spear ($50) [SOLD]  (Read 365 times)

Offline andrew37

Crist pole spear ($50) [SOLD]
« on: May 11, 2019, 10:55:37 AM »
Selling my Crist Neptune pole spear. For $50 you can feel like a noob all over again.

Flopper shaft. It used to be a two-piece, but I lent it to a buddy for a trip and it came back stuck together. With the right tools you could probably get it apart, but I’ve had no reason to put in the time. The shaft at the front still unscrews, so you could add a new shaft with slip tip if you wanted to. Aaron used to make a 24” injector for his slip tip that would put this around 8ft overall length and make it a dream for the Bahamas. Not sure if Dustin still offers those, but my guess is he could make it happen if you asked nicely.

This was one of the last production runs Aaron did before he sold Crist to Gatku. The band still has some life left in it, but it wouldn’t hurt to put a new one on there.

The body of the spear is 6ft long. With the shaft assembled it clocks in right around 7.5ft. It’s a great size for hole hunting and hits lingcod like a truck. I just don’t get in the water often enough these days to justify having more than one hole hunter. Located in Palo Alto.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 07:42:25 AM by andrew37 »

Offline TheKeeneroo

• Administrator
  • There's definitely a fish under THIS rock....
Re: Crist pole spear ($50)
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2019, 07:35:07 AM »
You might just have a deal next time we go dive! I'd love a slip tip shaft!

I'll text you =)
"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails." - William Arthur Ward

Eric, Pacific Grove
Instagram - @thekeeneroo    Facebook - @Ekeener1
Century Free Diver, Level 1 Free Dive Cert, EANx
DOTY 2018 - 3rd Place
Bring the Ling 2018 - 1st Place (=P)

Offline charlierobinton

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2019, 10:35:37 AM »
Hey Man is this still available? I'll take it off your hands if it is! I live in Sacramento, but my brother is in Los Altos and can probably pick it up. Let me know!

Offline andrew37

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2019, 07:41:59 AM »
Hey all, sorry for the slow response. Work got away from me a little this week. The spear is headed to a new home with Eric. Thanks for the interest.

Offline charlierobinton

Re: Crist pole spear ($50) [SOLD]
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2019, 12:26:02 PM »
Dang! No worries. That's a good deal on a solid pole spear! Congrats Eric.

Offline TheKeeneroo

• Administrator
  • There's definitely a fish under THIS rock....
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2019, 02:04:47 PM »
Dang! No worries. That's a good deal on a solid pole spear! Congrats Eric.

Thanks man! I'm tired of my sloppy noodle slings.

I might see if I can modify the tip with a kimera kit so it's a slip tip =)
"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails." - William Arthur Ward

Eric, Pacific Grove
Instagram - @thekeeneroo    Facebook - @Ekeener1
Century Free Diver, Level 1 Free Dive Cert, EANx
DOTY 2018 - 3rd Place
Bring the Ling 2018 - 1st Place (=P)

Offline charlierobinton

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2019, 05:18:45 PM »
Haha yeah I've got one of the yellow ones that I put a heavy band and a flopper tip on. That thing packs a punch but its definitely a noodle! One of these days I'd like to get a serious pole spear. I love hunting with them!

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt