collapse

Author Topic: May 19 Gyotaku Indirect Silk printing workshop in Pinole  (Read 210 times)

Offline kathy

May 19 Gyotaku Indirect Silk printing workshop in Pinole
« on: May 07, 2019, 01:29:05 PM »
Bill Voigt is giving a workshop from ~9 AM to 5 PM in Pinole.

Depending on the size of the group, workshop will either be at his home studio or at Pinole Artisans Gallery.

$25 due by check to Bill, to secure your spot. Remaining $50 due to Bill day-of.
Would be fun to see a few other water people there!!!

His email if you want to discuss details:  bill.voigt at comcast.net

From Bill:
The class begins at 9:00 am and should end around 5:00pm. We'll break for lunch. Please bring a lunch. I will have some coffee brewing in the morning. 

Here's the tentative schedule

Introductions
We will begin with the preparation of the fish - remove slime & any blood. Apply paste and silk to fish
While we wait for the glue to dry, I'll cover the history of gyotaku & show some recommended books on the subject
Next I'll demonstrate making a tampo for applying ink to the silk. Materials will be provided for at least 5 tampos in addition to tampos I've made ahead of time.
Lunch break
Glue on fish should be almost dry & ready for inking.
Applying ink - how to load ink onto tampo, and then applying ink to the silk on the fish
Painting the eye
If time allows, a demonstration of wet mounting of completed print onto a background paper for framing

Offline Saltynuts

Re: May 19 Gyotaku Indirect Silk printing workshop in Pinole
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2019, 07:55:45 PM »
This looks awesome and in my town!
May not make it due to scheduling conflicts but hope it fills up for ya!

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt