collapse

Author Topic: Winter/spring diving  (Read 678 times)

Offline bythog

Winter/spring diving
« on: December 14, 2018, 06:31:10 PM »
Do these large swells last all winter and spring here, or does the ocean let up a bit to allow for some diving in the next couple of months? I haven't been able to get out for 1.5 months; I'm hoping there's more opportunities to before May.

Offline Amsmosh

Re: Winter/spring diving
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2018, 07:23:42 PM »
Yes, occasionally we will get a weather window between storms but that is completely unpredictable. We should be able to get out a few times over the next few months. Around Mid April, the swells generally will let up a bit but the wind can howl through May.
God grant me the vision to dream of catching fish, the focus to visualize myself catching fish, the faith to believe that I will catch fish, and the wisdom to keep the freezer stocked with hamburgers and hot dogs.

Offline bythog

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2018, 09:38:36 AM »
I really hope so. I took the FII class early November and haven't been able to get into the water since. Sucks that I learned things I can't practice yet...*and* I just got new carbon fins that haven't even touched the water.

Offline Finsup

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2018, 10:31:43 AM »
Welcome to NoCal...you will also never drop more than 30 meters because your suit will compress and you will drown. I wouldn't suggest anything past 20 meters with all that weight, but with 2 meters of viz you really won't be diving more than 10 meters most days. Pool practice is the only way to stay sane here. Let me know if you want to train in Napa.

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt