collapse

Author Topic: Yazbeck 7mm wetsuit  (Read 977 times)

Offline ASteve

• A Steve Cali Outdoor Photography
Re: Yazbeck 7mm wetsuit
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2010, 09:12:57 PM »
Thanks again guys. 

As posted previously, I have been used to surfing wetsuits that actually circulate water.  This open cell titanium lined free dive suit thing is a whole new animal for me.  To my surprise there is actually no water circulation with this type of suit.  Hence why I get hot.  Anyways, I just picked up a matching, yes matching... :toothy10: 5mm top for these summer months to come.  A little manual circulation will help to boot.

Again thanks for all the feedback and advice!  :occasion14:

SC

Offline MATT MATTISON

• Dreaming of the day abalone is re-opened
  • Administrator
  • Diving My HAPPY PLACE
    • http://norcalunderwaterhunters.com/forum/MGalleryItem.php?id=1815
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2010, 05:39:55 PM »
you lucky s.o.b steve !
CHECK OUT MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL AT:
https://www.youtube.com/user/mattmattison/videos

THANK YOU TO MY AWESOME SPONSORS

Offline NorCal DiverDave

• Fish on
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/NCUWHdiverdave
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2010, 09:35:28 AM »
Thanks for the reply rangair94

I am surprised to hear that you guys are getting to hot in your wetsuits. I freeze my ass off.
I think I figured out the difference.
As a scuba diver I am down 50 to 80 feet for 30 to 40 minutes slowly swimming around.
As a free diver I go down 15 to 30 feet doing much more kicking.

So as a scuba diver my suit is compressed more at depth so it is thinner, and I am not working at all to swim, also I think the water is colder deeper.

So I guess my question is would an open cell suit help keep a scuba diver warmer?

rangair94

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2010, 11:27:19 AM »
I think an open cell will keep you warmer no matter what. The only thing is you are going to wear it out faster with all the extra compressing it sees using it to scuba dive down deeper. The neoprene will naturally get thinner the more depth, more often it is subjected to. I don't know how much you spent on a closed cell suit but my open cells are a lot more expensive then my closed cell. I know some people here use an open cell for both. I  am sure they will chime in.

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt