collapse

Author Topic: Baja in January  (Read 293 times)

Offline charlierobinton

Baja in January
« on: November 29, 2018, 04:29:18 PM »
Hey everyone,

I thought I would just put it out there that I will be in Baja from Jan 8-17th and planning on doing some diving. I visit the Los Cabos area a couple times every year, and have done some diving there, but never serious spearfishing. This trip is not a dive specific trip but I will have plenty of time for diving.

I may try to book a day of spearfishing on the nearby reefs if the budget allows, but I'm mostly planning on scouting out some shore diving locations. From doing a little internet research it looks like there may be a weird vibe about spearfishing in some areas, but there are at least a few spots around Los Cabos and North into the East Cape that have potential.

Anyways, on the off chance that anyone will be down there at the same time (or lives down there) and wants to hook up for a dive or two I'd be game! I'll have access to a vehicle and open to going pretty much anywhere within a couple hours of Cabo.

PM me if you want to get together. Also I'm open to any recommendations if anyone is feeling generous and wants to share some info on spearfishing down there.

Offline Diver Dan

• Dan Romo
    • Studio Romo (My shop: Metal Fabrication, Sculpture restoration, Patina, Cast Bronze, etc)
Re: Baja in January
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2018, 03:27:38 PM »
I think January can be pretty windy but look up Palapas Ventana.

Offline charlierobinton

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2018, 04:22:04 PM »
Yeah I thought about trying to hook up with them, but it is true that area and most of the Sea of Cortez blows pretty hard in the winter. I figure out of 10 days if I am flexible and watch the conditions I may be able to hit it for a day or two. If not, Spearfishing Baja out of Cabo seems like they get pretty good reviews and the conditions can be better there that time of year.

Offline sfbaysailing

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2018, 11:25:56 AM »
Charlie
I live in La Paz, and will be there in January. I don't know too much about the shore diving out of Cabo, but i know that shore diving is pretty limited around La Paz. I'm always looking to get out though, so I might be down to split a panga out of ventana or muertos. And I'm always down for a beer in La Paz if you get that far north. Shoot me a pm.

Offline ryang85

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2018, 04:06:51 PM »
Charlie
I live in La Paz, and will be there in January. I don't know too much about the shore diving out of Cabo, but i know that shore diving is pretty limited around La Paz. I'm always looking to get out though, so I might be down to split a panga out of ventana or muertos. And I'm always down for a beer in La Paz if you get that far north. Shoot me a pm.
Do you have a panga recommendation out of ventana or muertos? , We going with pistoleros de mar for a few days  next week for chasing big game,
 but  if we have extra money we might get cheep panga just to get to cerravo or anywhere else local. 

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt