collapse

Author Topic: Happy 2016, guys, it's time to book your trips on the Sand Dollar  (Read 1192 times)

Offline MATT MATTISON

• Dreaming of the day abalone is re-opened
  • Administrator
  • Diving My HAPPY PLACE
    • http://norcalunderwaterhunters.com/forum/MGalleryItem.php?id=1815
Below is from the Sand Dollar,

Happy 2016, guys, it's time to book your trips on the Sand Dollar. I've made some changes and improvements for 2016 I think you will like:

• New Custom Built- in Bait Tank to Hold Over 50 Scoops of Live Bait
• An Improved Fish- hold, Holding approx a Ton of Crushed Ice - Leave your Ice Chest in your Vehicle
• New Outriggers for Trolling
• SSI Freediving Level 1&2 Courses (Including Classroom, Pool & Open-Water Sessions) with Seamus Callaghan to Improve your Skills and Safety (See Details Below )
• Private Freediving and/or Fishing Charter Incentives - NEW LOWER RATES - 12 People Max! Call Re: Pricing and Dates.

• You can now pay ½ to reserve a spot on all trips. Cash or check are to be paid at boat before departure.

Last month my Crew and I took the SSI Freediving Levels 1&2 Courses with Seamus, and I STRONGLY RECOMMEND ALL FREEDIVERS to take this class.

With more focus towards Free Diving Spearfishing charters in 2016, we have teamed up with Seamus Callaghan, in offering Free Diving courses periodically throughout the year.

The focus of the courses will be safety, while also showing techniques to better your free diving ability, and apply those techniques to improve your Spearfishing.
Seamus is a 30 year “Life” member of the Long Beach Neptune’s, has won numerous Spearfishing related trophies and is also a Free Dive Instructor Trainer with SSI. I’ve known him for over 7 years and he is one of the best Spearfishermen I know.

The courses will be 4 days duration and will be held aboard the Sand Dollar, at the dock and nearby pool for 2 days of classroom and pool training, then over to Catalina for 2 full days of Open Water training.
Details on costs and dates are still being worked on, but if interested or if you have any questions, please contact Seamus directly at acwaman@aol.com

2016 Freediving Schedule

January 30,31 SOLD OUT - Freediving Open-Water Class with Seamus - If interested Email Seamus: ACUAMAN@aol.com

Jan 23,24 2 Day Outer Island Freedive Only Sold Out

February 20,21 2 Day Outer-Islands Freedive Only - $385

March 10,11,12,13: 4 Day End of Lobster Season - $725

April 9,10: 2 Day Outer-Islands Freedive Only - $385

May 14,15: 2 Day Outer-Islands Freedive Only - $385

June 4,5: 2 Day Outer-Islands Freedive Only - $385

July 29,30,31: 3 Day Outer-Islands Freedive Only - $650

August 26,27,28: 3 Day Outer-Islands Freedive Only - $650
CHECK OUT MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL AT:
https://www.youtube.com/user/mattmattison/videos

Offline MATT MATTISON

• Dreaming of the day abalone is re-opened
  • Administrator
  • Diving My HAPPY PLACE
    • http://norcalunderwaterhunters.com/forum/MGalleryItem.php?id=1815
Re: Happy 2016, guys, it's time to book your trips on the Sand Dollar
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2016, 12:54:26 PM »
some upcoming Sand Dollar Dive charter lobster trips
Trip 1
Wanted to post this up to try and drum u intrest in a group of NCUH'ers to go !!! I have already paid for my spot and looking forward tot his trip as it is always a blast and some big lobster tend to be taken.
Open Boat: 4-Day Limited Load Spear Fishing/Scuba Bug Hunt Trip
When
Nov 3 – 6, 2016
Where
Berth 75, San Pedro, CA 90731 (map)
Description
Destination:  Cortes Bank/Outer Islands

Boarding:   11/02/2016 at 6:00 PM
Departure:  11/02/2016 at 9:00 PM
Return:       11/06/2016 at 7:00 PM

Trip Price:  $650.00
Notice:  No refunds for trip cancellations within 10 days of departure.

Description:  This four day trip offers a great opportunity to those that have not been out or caught their share of bugs this season to do so. Come join us for 4 incredible days of spear fishing and/or bug hunting both day and night time.
Link to the Sand dollar page
http://www.divingcharters.com/sd-tripcalendar.html

Trip 2
New FREEDIVING Trip on the Calendar! 2 Day Outer Islands fish & bugs. November 12 & 13. Departs 10pm November 11.
This trip offers a great opportunity to those that have not been out or caught their share of bugs this season to do so. Come join us for 2 incredible days of spear fishing and/or bug hunting both day and night time.
www.divingcharters.com to reserve your bunk
CHECK OUT MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL AT:
https://www.youtube.com/user/mattmattison/videos

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt