collapse

Author Topic: Gro Pro Mount - Pathos  (Read 418 times)

Offline Creatura

Gro Pro Mount - Pathos
« on: October 19, 2018, 10:57:29 AM »
Hey all,

So I would like to set up my go pro hero on my gun (GP  6 on my head).  I bought one off amazon and surprise surprise, does not fit.  So I am looking at the mako line: https://www.makospearguns.com/Camera-Mounting-System-for-railguns-and-pipe-guns-p/mscbr.htm

Any success with these?  I will be hole hunting/kelp diving with this so I dont know if I should run in line, or if the side car option works just fine. 

Thanks!

Online TheKeeneroo

• Administrator
  • There's definitely a fish under THIS rock....
Re: Gro Pro Mount - Pathos
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2018, 11:10:14 AM »
Hey all,

So I would like to set up my go pro hero on my gun (GP  6 on my head).  I bought one off amazon and surprise surprise, does not fit.  So I am looking at the mako line: https://www.makospearguns.com/Camera-Mounting-System-for-railguns-and-pipe-guns-p/mscbr.htm

Any success with these?  I will be hole hunting/kelp diving with this so I dont know if I should run in line, or if the side car option works just fine. 

Thanks!

My good buddy and great diver, has one on his gun. Works fine. Although, it would be a pain for double wrapping your gun in the sea weed. Just another thing to get caught and tangled on. But, if the video is of importance then I would said it's worth the additional effort.
"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails." - William Arthur Ward

Eric, Pacific Grove
Instagram - @thekeeneroo    Facebook - @Ekeener1
Century Free Diver, Level 1 Free Dive Cert, EANx
DOTY 2018 - 3rd Place
Bring the Ling 2018 - 1st Place (=P)

Offline Creatura

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2018, 11:19:10 AM »
Thanks, he run it inline, or sidecar?

Offline Reggae Shark

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2018, 03:10:16 PM »
That looks like either one would be a pain in the ass hole hunting.

Pun intended  ;D

Offline charlierobinton

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2018, 03:30:37 PM »
I was just listening to a podcast the other day and the guy mentioned really liking the wrist mount that usually comes with the gopro. Seems like a good option since it would essentially follow the same line as the gun mount, but it would be free, and not attached to the gun.

Offline SnailHunter

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2018, 04:48:59 PM »
I used the neptonics gopro railgun mount for a couple years but got tired of the tangles and having it in the way when loading bands.  It runs to the side of the gun.

I did get some unexpectedly good shots like below.  And some fun video as the gun sat on the bottom and big lings swam up to it and stared at the gopro trying to decide how it would taste.

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt