collapse

Author Topic: Hole Guns for Sale  (Read 250 times)

Offline Mike n

• MAN Mid-Handles
Hole Guns for Sale
« on: October 10, 2018, 10:37:03 AM »
Four hole guns for sale; $450 + shipping.
Let me know if you're interested.

36" padauk/yellow heart (this gun  has been sold)
36" padauk/mahogany
31" padauk /mahogany
Not pictured: 30" padauk mahogany, matches the other two but is not epoxy coated yet.
 All guns have two 9/16 bands, 300# mono, flopper shaft with minimum overhang, muzzle bungee, ballasted to just float with the shaft out. multi coat epoxy finish.

Mike

3.1 MB    IMG_4350.JPG                  Check                                            Error                                                 

3.1 MB    IMG_4353.JPG                  Check                                            Error                                                 

« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 03:38:04 PM by Mike n »

Online TheKeeneroo

• There's definitely a fish under THIS rock....
Re: Hole Guns for Sale
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2018, 11:27:57 AM »
These are beautiful guns, Mike!

I recently picked up a nice  Herranen 80 and took it out last weekend. it's pretty heavy to hold under water and still sinks with shaft out. Can you make a recommendation on what materials to use to make it a bit lighter? Or what tests I need to do to figure out where to modify it?
"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails." - William Arthur Ward

Eric, Pacific Grove
Instagram - @thekeeneroo
Facebook - @Ekeener1
Century Free diver, Level 1 Free Dive Cert, EANx

Offline Mike n

• MAN Mid-Handles
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2018, 11:42:30 AM »
I have used divinycell to make 3/4" diameter plugs. Tape them to the gun and float test it to determine quantity  and location.  epoxy them and wood plugs in place, then touch up the epoxy coat.

MN

1.9 MB    IMG_4164.JPG                  Check                                            Error                                                 

Offline naturalSelection

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2018, 04:41:44 PM »
Mike's guns are sweet. Glad I picked one up a couple years back. Grab those guns!!

Offline Mike n

• MAN Mid-Handles
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2018, 02:14:01 PM »

A few more pics.

MN

1.9 MB    IMG_4355.JPG                  Check                                            Error                                                          1.7 MB    IMG_4356.JPG                  Check                                            Error                                                 

2.6 MB    IMG_4357.JPG                  Check                                            Error                                                          2.9 MB    IMG_4358.JPG                  Check                                            Error                                                 

1.9 MB    IMG_4355.JPG                  Check                                            Error                                                 

2.9 MB    IMG_4358.JPG                  Check                                            Error                                                 

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt