collapse

Author Topic: Conditions at salt point  (Read 544 times)

Offline brysny

Conditions at salt point
« on: July 31, 2018, 10:42:00 PM »
Was camping out at salt point this past weekend (7/28/18) and almost didn't get in the water based on buoy and forecasts -- called for 20-30 mph winds, 5-7 ft wind waves, short period, but I had a glimmer of hope because the primary swell was only 1-2ft.  Was pleasantly surprised to see that while there were some white caps, it didn't look all that bad and it was totally clear skies.  Lo and behold once in the water it was mostly calm after 5 ft down, viz was maybe 15ft or so but was bigger particles and so with the sun it seemed like it stayed bright farther down.  Overall turned out to be really sweet and went out with a friend who is a noob and had a short but really nice dive.  Sometimes I guess it pays to just roll the dice and get wet!

Offline MATT MATTISON

• Dreaming of the day abalone is re-opened
  • Administrator
  • Diving My HAPPY PLACE
    • http://norcalunderwaterhunters.com/forum/MGalleryItem.php?id=1815
Re: Conditions at salt point
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2018, 08:53:28 AM »
You have to love it when things pan out and end up being better than expected !!! that why you cannot always go by the internet forecast
CHECK OUT MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL AT:
https://www.youtube.com/user/mattmattison/videos

THANK YOU TO MY AWESOME SPONSORS

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt