collapse

Author Topic: Halibut Steak Full Meal Recipe  (Read 96 times)

Offline TheKeeneroo

• There's definitely a fish under THIS rock....
Halibut Steak Full Meal Recipe
« on: September 12, 2018, 04:59:43 PM »
I tried a recipe Big Jim shared with me last night for halibut and stumbled upon a few things that work really well with it.

Halibut Recipe:
https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/melissa-darabian/fish-piccata-recipe-1923443
(I didn't add the lemon - for reasons below - and went heavier on the wine, additional flour, added 1/2 white onion chopped on the smaller side and let simmer on low for a bit longer to get that nice pino gris flavor into it).

Trader Joe's has a really tasty lemon zest and ricotta ravioli that I put the fish on top of (after boiling of course) and then poured the sauce over everything leaving a bit in the pan to warm the peas in before adding them to the raviolis.

I added the TJ's prosciutto and arugula flat bread on the side with a leafy power greens mix. (I don't typically use salad dressing but you're welcome to do whatever with that).

It was crazy simple and had everything you want in a fine meal.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 06:13:22 PM by TheKeeneroo »
"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails." - William Arthur Ward

Eric, Pacific Grove
Instagram - @thekeeneroo
Facebook - @Ekeener1

Offline NateP

Re: Halibut Steak Full Meal Recipe
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 08:53:21 AM »
Mmmmmm....That looks Tasty!

Thanks for posting new recipes, I need to mix it up.

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt