collapse

Author Topic: 2019 World Championship Abalone Cook Off April 27th by M2 Wines Lodi Ca  (Read 269 times)

Offline MATT MATTISON

• Dreaming of the day abalone is re-opened
  • Administrator
  • Diving My HAPPY PLACE
    • http://norcalunderwaterhunters.com/forum/MGalleryItem.php?id=1815
From Erin McBride Abalone cook off coordinator

Happy Holidays to all of you........
I am writing to update you on the 2019 Abalone Cook Off.  It looks like this is the last one for a while.  Access to wild abalone might be out as far out as 10 years in Mendocino and Sonoma Counties and the Ocean Rose Abalone Farm will be winding down production in the summer of 2019.  That said I would like to get a jump on their summer supply and have the event Saturday April 27th at M2 Winery in O Campo which is just north of Lodi. 

HERE ARE A FEW OF THE DETAILS

Each Cook Team Receives the following for signing up:

50 Farmed raised abalone from Ocean Rose Abalone Farm
$200 subsistence upon arrival
Two nights camping in the M2 Vineyard with electrical hookups and water supply (no sewer dump)
Cook team dinner Friday April 26th at the winery. Special invitations will be given to media, wine makers, and restaurant owners to mingle with cook teams. Cook teams will be treated as celebrities.
Wine by M2 Winery
A chance to win the World Championship Abalone Trophy
Abalone processing facilities.
Restrooms
Garbage dump
Options for staying overnight include local hotels and companies that deliver a camper or trailer to the site for camping.

600 tickets are for sale and we expect to have 2,500 people at the winery on cook day.  We control the property so only one of the prior rules applies,  you have to have a 10' x 10' floor mat.  As usual there will be music and a few vendors.

Please let me know if you are interested in participating in what is sure to be a great party.

Cheers

Erin McBride, BSME

Johnson Controls Inc.

MW Global Inc.

M2 Wines

916-903-3450 Cell
CHECK OUT MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL AT:
https://www.youtube.com/user/mattmattison/videos

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt