NorCal Underwater Hunters Discussion > DIY Projects

DIY - Shaping Pathos Foot pockets (with pics)

<< < (2/4) > >>

Finsup:
You should read the latest article about fins on FB page Hawaii Freediving. The guy who wrote it was the national record holder at 101 meters, Kurt Chambers. He has some interesting things to say about fins...and backs it up by posting video of his dives.

ryang85:

--- Quote from: TheKeeneroo on August 20, 2018, 04:15:28 PM ---
--- Quote from: Rob102 on August 20, 2018, 02:04:24 PM ---Which fins a stiffness did you end up getting?

--- End quote ---

After a LOT of reading, i decided to try medium first, before trying soft. I know you would have persuaded me otherwise =P

--- End quote ---
For how skinny I am i should be using softs. I have medium C4s and think they are way better than softs when trying to kick around in shallow against surge and kicking on the surface.  Too bad i dont do either as often as i used to anymore because Ab season isnt open. Im sure youl like then a lot more as time goes on and you get used to them.   And if you are planning a bluewater trip any time soon I highly recomend getting some flashy ducktape and giving them some bling.  Ive had multiple dorado and sierra chase my fins.  Ive had a few lings follow me up to the surface but it isnt too often.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

DG:

--- Quote from: ryang85 on August 20, 2018, 09:39:14 PM ---And if you are planning a bluewater trip any time soon I highly recomend getting some flashy ducktape and giving them some bling.  Ive had multiple dorado and sierra chase my fins.  Ive had a few lings follow me up to the surface but it isnt too often.

--- End quote ---
I was hesitant to do that because I didn’t want sharks getting any ideas about tasting a fin or leg.  But can only guess it’s better than the other end.  Maybe next south trip. 

TheKeeneroo:

--- Quote from: ryang85 on August 20, 2018, 09:39:14 PM ---
--- Quote from: TheKeeneroo on August 20, 2018, 04:15:28 PM ---
--- Quote from: Rob102 on August 20, 2018, 02:04:24 PM ---Which fins a stiffness did you end up getting?

--- End quote ---

After a LOT of reading, i decided to try medium first, before trying soft. I know you would have persuaded me otherwise =P

--- End quote ---
For how skinny I am i should be using softs. I have medium C4s and think they are way better than softs when trying to kick around in shallow against surge and kicking on the surface.  Too bad i dont do either as often as i used to anymore because Ab season isnt open. Im sure youl like then a lot more as time goes on and you get used to them.   And if you are planning a bluewater trip any time soon I highly recomend getting some flashy ducktape and giving them some bling.  Ive had multiple dorado and sierra chase my fins.  Ive had a few lings follow me up to the surface but it isnt too often.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---

That's the plan once I put a few miles on them. Hoping to hit the islands soon. I'll also be diving hawaii a few times later this year. still need to figure out which fish don't have Cig (aka cfp)

the_derek:

--- Quote from: DG on August 21, 2018, 12:42:52 AM ---
--- Quote from: ryang85 on August 20, 2018, 09:39:14 PM ---And if you are planning a bluewater trip any time soon I highly recomend getting some flashy ducktape and giving them some bling.  Ive had multiple dorado and sierra chase my fins.  Ive had a few lings follow me up to the surface but it isnt too often.

--- End quote ---
I was hesitant to do that because I didn’t want sharks getting any ideas about tasting a fin or leg.  But can only guess it’s better than the other end.  Maybe next south trip.

--- End quote ---

I have Ryan's old blades with the flashy ducktape sill on them, and I just had a ling come out and follow me on Sunday, I figure it was the flash on the fins... or maybe it was the new pissette.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version