collapse

Author Topic: Cortes Bank  (Read 216 times)

Offline Diver Dan

• Dan Romo
    • Studio Romo (My shop: Metal Fabrication, Sculpture restoration, Patina, Cast Bronze, etc)
Cortes Bank
« on: June 12, 2018, 11:52:14 PM »

Offline ryang85

Re: Cortes Bank
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 07:32:42 AM »
Just saying: http://www.peaceboat.com/Free-Dive-p/07-30-18.htm

I signed up.
I might hop on a trip one of these days, been swamped with work.
Does anyone know the odds of seeing fish on these trips? 

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline TheKeeneroo

• There's definitely a fish under THIS rock....
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 08:21:50 AM »
Just saying: http://www.peaceboat.com/Free-Dive-p/07-30-18.htm

I signed up.

This sounds rad and I'd love to do something like this. I really want to do the channel island lobster dive and spearfishing. For these dates I'll be spearfishing in Hawaii, so I guess thats a good trade off =P

I also would like to know the odds of fish on a trip like this. I'm pretty sure my gun isn't long enough for this type trip... (Omer 75)
"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails." - William Arthur Ward

Eric, Pacific Grove
Instagram - @thekeeneroo
Facebook - @Ekeener1

Offline Finsup

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 04:07:12 PM »
There are calicos, sheep heads and more for days on the channel islands, so I suppose the same at the banks. As for the YT, you might need to yak it to seek them out, but I'm just guessing. I like being on a boat with air so I can scuba scout the deep areas prior to freediving. Knowing the terrain really dials in the hunting time.

If anyone is interested I'm looking at a trip Sept 30 - Oct 2, three day live aboard to channel islands for opening of lobster season. Lots of scallops, bugs, calicos, and sh. May be YT and who knows what else. message me if int rated and I'll provide more details. Boats are scuba/free mix.

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt