collapse

Author Topic: DIY - Shaping Pathos Foot pockets (with pics)  (Read 2003 times)

Offline the_derek

Re: DIY - Shaping Pathos Foot pockets (with pics)
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2018, 02:20:55 PM »
And if you are planning a bluewater trip any time soon I highly recomend getting some flashy ducktape and giving them some bling.  Ive had multiple dorado and sierra chase my fins.  Ive had a few lings follow me up to the surface but it isnt too often.
I was hesitant to do that because I didn’t want sharks getting any ideas about tasting a fin or leg.  But can only guess it’s better than the other end.  Maybe next south trip.

I have Ryan's old blades with the flashy ducktape sill on them, and I just had a ling come out and follow me on Sunday, I figure it was the flash on the fins... or maybe it was the new pissette.

Had to be the flashers.

IDK Rob... That pissette flapping in the current might have just done the trick...

Put some flashy tape on it, it would be irresistible

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Ryan, you might want revisit your last statement, unless you really are irresistibly attracted to Derek’s pissette.

polo sub did a pretty good job on it... would not blame anyone/fish at being attracted to it, but the flashers would definitely give it some pizzazz.
Death is very often referred to as a good career move.

-Buddy Holly

Insta  @_the_derek_

Offline TheKeeneroo

• Administrator
  • There's definitely a fish under THIS rock....
Re: DIY - Shaping Pathos Foot pockets (with pics)
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2018, 04:57:52 PM »
And if you are planning a bluewater trip any time soon I highly recomend getting some flashy ducktape and giving them some bling.  Ive had multiple dorado and sierra chase my fins.  Ive had a few lings follow me up to the surface but it isnt too often.
I was hesitant to do that because I didn’t want sharks getting any ideas about tasting a fin or leg.  But can only guess it’s better than the other end.  Maybe next south trip.

I have Ryan's old blades with the flashy ducktape sill on them, and I just had a ling come out and follow me on Sunday, I figure it was the flash on the fins... or maybe it was the new pissette.

Had to be the flashers.

IDK Rob... That pissette flapping in the current might have just done the trick...

Put some flashy tape on it, it would be irresistible

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Ryan, you might want revisit your last statement, unless you really are irresistibly attracted to Derek’s pissette.

polo sub did a pretty good job on it... would not blame anyone/fish at being attracted to it, but the flashers would definitely give it some pizzazz.

PEENAZZ - its totally marketable. Better get to it before MAKO does.
"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails." - William Arthur Ward

Eric, Pacific Grove
Instagram - @thekeeneroo    Facebook - @Ekeener1
Century Free Diver, Level 1 Free Dive Cert, EANx
DOTY 2018 - 3rd Place
Bring the Ling 2018 - 1st Place (=P)

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt