NorCal Underwater Hunters Discussion > Water condition reports

Use Snapchat to check conditions!

(1/2) > >>

prokhk:
I don't know if this is the right forum to post this in, but I have a tip to get an idea of what water conditions can be like in more populated areas. People often post videos of the ocean on their snapchat stories and make them public. Going on the snapmap and looking at people's stories that happen right along the water can sometimes give you an idea of what conditions are like. As an example even though the Monterey bay aquarium is a no-go zone for spearfishing, people post a lot of stories there and it can give you a good idea of what the water looks like in that area.

TheKeeneroo:
There are around 10 live cams in the monterey area including pebble beach. I just went looking for the post that lists them all but can't find it. Google searching live cam in monterey (has a few at the aquarium and a few at pebble beach on the 17th and 18th holes)

SpecificOcean:
Surfline is also a good app to have. I\'m an avid surfer and use it regularly. Live web cams, wave heights, water temp, forecasts. The whole nine yards

MATT MATTISON:
HAVE YOU SEEN THIS SECTION OF THE WEB SITE
http://norcalunderwaterhunters.com/forum/index.php?board=38.0

prokhk:
I know about the webcams, I just thought that its always good to have more sources to check so I thought I'd share something that I've used in the past

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version