collapse

Author Topic: Kayak support Albion urchin removal event  (Read 3871 times)

Offline Rob102

• Global Moderator
Re: Kayak support Albion urchin removal event
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2018, 08:10:59 AM »
Thanks fishbutt.

Offline Rob102

• Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2018, 08:12:56 AM »
I spoke with Blake at Subsurface Progression in Fort Bragg. He is willing to donate a couple kayaks for use at the urchin round up.  If you want to use one of his kayaks, visit Subsurface Progression and let him know that you are involved with the event. You have to fill out his rental paperwork and you will be responsible for the kayak, but you won’t be charged for the usage.

He has a limited supply and the number he lets us use will depend on how many he has on hand.

Offline Rob102

• Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2018, 10:44:20 AM »
Ok guys, the event is this weekend. I am trying to get confirmation and a count on kayak support. Please respond if you plan on providing support or are available to do so. At this point many who have said they were available have backed out so I need real numbers.

You can reply here, or pm, or text me at (281) 755-7386

Thanks

Offline TheKeeneroo

• Administrator
  • There's definitely a fish under THIS rock....
« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2018, 11:00:18 AM »
Ok guys, the event is this weekend. I am trying to get confirmation and a count on kayak support. Please respond if you plan on providing support or are available to do so. At this point many who have said they were available have backed out so I need real numbers.

You can reply here, or pm, or text me at (281) 755-7386

Thanks

I'm bringing a kayak. I'm happy to dive while someone uses it for top support, then switch with them when my air is out... if we have an abundance of divers and limited kayak support, then I can forego diving as needed. I only need a little water time to get some footage of divers collecting urchin (if vis is good enough).
"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails." - William Arthur Ward

Eric, Pacific Grove
Instagram - @thekeeneroo    Facebook - @Ekeener1
Century Free Diver, Level 1 Free Dive Cert, EANx
DOTY 2018 - 3rd Place
Bring the Ling 2018 - 1st Place (=P)

Offline DG

« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2018, 11:49:07 AM »
Not sure how many kayaker you need. If by Friday night you don’t have enough kayakers let me know so I can load mine up.  I wasn’t going to dive but may if I end up bringing my kayak. 

Offline CaExplorer

« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2018, 12:09:42 PM »
Confirming my availability on Saturday and Sunday as long as you need me. I stopped by Subsurface and Blake said to pick up a yak on Friday before the event so looks like I've got one.

Cheers,
Chris
Right now, you are exactly where you are supposed to be.

Offline Rob102

• Global Moderator
« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2018, 12:25:34 PM »
Not sure how many kayaker you need. If by Friday night you don’t have enough kayakers let me know so I can load mine up.  I wasn’t going to dive but may if I end up bringing my kayak.

Thanks DG, I appreciate that. I’ll keep you posted

Offline Rob102

• Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2018, 12:26:37 PM »
Confirming my availability on Saturday and Sunday as long as you need me. I stopped by Subsurface and Blake said to pick up a yak on Friday before the event so looks like I've got one.

Cheers,
Chris

Thanks Chris,
See you there

Offline 123ENGINEERING

« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2018, 02:22:37 PM »
Hi Rob

I will be there with my Hobie Tandem (my wife will be my buddy) kayak on Saturday around 7:30 AM.
Do I need to bring any special tools or equipment?

Paul

Offline Rob102

• Global Moderator
« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2018, 02:25:09 PM »
Thanks Paul.

I think that’s all you need. See you there!

Offline pclark

« Reply #55 on: July 20, 2018, 10:02:10 AM »
I was planning on collecting, but if more kayakers is needed I can switch gears.  I'll have my kayak with me either way.

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt