collapse

Author Topic: Watermens Alliance Albion Urchin removal event July 21st & 22nd  (Read 7984 times)

Offline TheKeeneroo

• Administrator
  • There's definitely a fish under THIS rock....
Re: Watermens Alliance Albion Urchin removal event July 21st & 22nd
« Reply #120 on: July 20, 2018, 08:24:49 AM »
I hired Michael Ripley of Ripley Creations to make these wall hanger metal art for the Albion urchin removal event and fundraiser raffle, Check out the Ripley Creations FB at https://www.facebook.com/ripleycreations/

Those are sick!
"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails." - William Arthur Ward

Eric, Pacific Grove
Instagram - @thekeeneroo    Facebook - @Ekeener1
Century Free diver, Level 1 Free Dive Cert, EANx
DOTY 2018 - 3rd Place
Bring the Ling 2018 - 1st Place (=P)

Offline TheKeeneroo

• Administrator
  • There's definitely a fish under THIS rock....
« Reply #121 on: July 20, 2018, 08:26:05 AM »
I would like to thank Ryan Smith and Jeff bullock of Kelis Ocean Sports for donating 2 two separate certificates for a PADI Open Water Scuba Class ($600 value for each) to the Albion Urchin removal event and fundraiser raffle july 21st and 22nd.  check out their web site at http://www.kelisoceansports.com/

I also would like to thank Walter Inman for donating a couple of bottles of high end Rum and other adult beverages to the to the Albion Urchin removal event and fundraiser raffle july 21st and 22nd

Maybbbbbbe we raffle those bottles friday night instead...  :P
"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails." - William Arthur Ward

Eric, Pacific Grove
Instagram - @thekeeneroo    Facebook - @Ekeener1
Century Free diver, Level 1 Free Dive Cert, EANx
DOTY 2018 - 3rd Place
Bring the Ling 2018 - 1st Place (=P)

Offline MATT MATTISON

• Dreaming of the day abalone is re-opened
  • Administrator
  • Diving My HAPPY PLACE
    • http://norcalunderwaterhunters.com/forum/MGalleryItem.php?id=1815
« Reply #122 on: July 24, 2018, 11:10:12 AM »
Hey all of anyone has pictures and or video or would like to share a report from this weekends urchin event could you please share and post it
CHECK OUT MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL AT:
https://www.youtube.com/user/mattmattison/videos

Offline DG

« Reply #123 on: July 24, 2018, 12:34:44 PM »
Hey all of anyone has pictures and or video or would like to share a report from this weekends urchin event could you please share and post it

Offline MATT MATTISON

• Dreaming of the day abalone is re-opened
  • Administrator
  • Diving My HAPPY PLACE
    • http://norcalunderwaterhunters.com/forum/MGalleryItem.php?id=1815
« Reply #124 on: July 24, 2018, 01:00:33 PM »
Some of the pictures taken at the Albion Urchin removal event this last weekend, Taken by several of the people attending.  I especially would like to thank all that came and dived or helped or donated to this event THANK YOU as more pictures get posted I will keep adding to the thread

oh on a side note I know on Saturday the first day 35,000 urchins were removed still waiting to hear day 2 totals and a little over $4,000 dollars raised at the raffle

CHECK OUT MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL AT:
https://www.youtube.com/user/mattmattison/videos

Offline Joshua R.

« Reply #125 on: July 25, 2018, 10:09:19 PM »
Over the weekend our team of recreational divers pulled 57,505 purple urchin from Albion.  The weight was only 4,200 lbs but these urchin were much smaller than the ones we pulled at Ocean Cove.  I don't have the totals for the commercial boats yet but I'm very happy with the numbers from the recreational divers.  Thank you to everyone that made this a successful event.  The next one is the last weekend of September, 9/29-30 at Ocean Cove again.  Remember that the key is sheer numbers so bring everyone you know, diver or not.

Offline fishbutt21

• Matt from Sonoma
« Reply #126 on: July 26, 2018, 01:52:16 AM »
Very cool, That seems like a very good number of those purple bastards not eating kelp,
How many divers did we have? My wife had a ton of fun running divers in and out of the harbor. she said everyone was very nice and friendly.
I am looking forward to the next dive at Ocean cove and I will be bringing kayaks to run bags in and out!!
Thanks for the updates
I am afraid after I am dead my wife will sell all my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it

Offline Joshua R.

« Reply #127 on: July 26, 2018, 06:27:16 AM »
96 divers total

Offline 123ENGINEERING

« Reply #128 on: July 26, 2018, 07:08:12 AM »
Hi Josh
Thank you for coordinating the events.
How extensive was damage to your boat?

Offline Joshua R.

« Reply #129 on: July 26, 2018, 08:24:01 AM »
I don't know yet but my mechanic got it running on Monday.  There's a misfire in one cylinder so he's going to clean the injectors.  Jensen Marine in Woodland is the best.  Chris continues to impress me every time I deal with him.

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt