collapse

Author Topic: Anybody got a kid's wetsuit they want to sell?  (Read 225 times)

Offline Diver Dan

• Dan Romo
    • Studio Romo (My shop: Metal Fabrication, Sculpture restoration, Patina, Cast Bronze, etc)
Anybody got a kid's wetsuit they want to sell?
« on: April 03, 2018, 08:38:55 PM »
My daughter is turning 11 this June. She is one of the smallest children in her 5th grade. Probably about 4'2". I should confirm that. She wants to start spearfishing. So I'm looking for a suit for her. Do kids also need a 7mm to keep warm in NorCal? I know she will also need a hood (maybe separate from the suit is better for a kid?), gloves and booties.

I'd also be interested in a thinner wetsuit for diving southern California.

Does anyone have a full wetsuit set up they'd like to sell, or leads on where to find one for a child her size?

Thanks.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 08:42:33 PM by Diver Dan »

Offline Rob102

• Global Moderator
Re: Anybody got a kid's wetsuit they want to sell?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2018, 09:55:04 PM »
Subsurface Progression used to have a deal for kids suits.  It was something like you buy a suit and then trade it in for a different size as the kids grow and they give you a pretty good discount. Give them a call and ask what they can do for you

Offline Diver Dan

• Dan Romo
    • Studio Romo (My shop: Metal Fabrication, Sculpture restoration, Patina, Cast Bronze, etc)
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2018, 09:20:45 AM »
Just called Subsurface. It's a great deal, especially if your kid is younger. If you buy a new suit from Subsurface for your kid, as they outgrow out of it, you can trade it in at any time for the next size up. They give you the next size up from their rental inventory. No charge (hopefully one of the newer suits). They will continue to do this until the child is an adult size. Good for them (they get to add a pretty much brand new suit to their rental inventory since kids outgrow out of them so fast and probably aren't going to be using them all the time) and good for the purchaser so long as the kid sticks with it. Kind of bad for me though since I live in Oakland. Maybe Steel's Dive Shop has a similar deal.

Offline J50cal

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2018, 05:49:20 PM »
What type of suits? I'm curios as I have a 12 and 13 year old that are dying to try diving but the way they are growing it would be 2 suits a year. That sounds like a great dea!l

Offline Diver Dan

• Dan Romo
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2018, 11:15:20 AM »
Steel's dive shop in Oakland sells a new full one piece 3mm suit for kids (surf suit) for $60. I think I'll just go for that.

Offline Twid

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2018, 03:44:11 PM »
I love steels building! I wish I could of seen in all freshly painted and lit up with that neon. Iv heard you could get stuff there dirt cheap.

Offline Alfonso

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2018, 10:20:33 PM »
You're in for the time of your life....
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 06:46:21 AM by Alfonso »

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt