collapse

Author Topic: FII level 1 course  (Read 362 times)

Offline LiveAlohaKris

• Know your limits, but never accept them
FII level 1 course
« on: May 30, 2019, 01:24:42 PM »
Hello Everyone,

I will be teaching a class next Thursday-Friday (June 6-7), or Friday-Saturday (June 7-8), if anyone is interested. Sorry for being last minute but a window opened up in my schedule and I want to teach again! Don't know when I'll be able to teach again after this one!

Plan for both days being all day. Classroom portion will be in San Jose on the first day. Then pool session to follow, either in Felton or San Jose. The next day will be open water at Pebble Beach in Carmel (we will be using kayaks).

The course will limited to 4 students. Please let me know if you have any questions. My number is 808-651-5710.

Mahalo,

Kris Cortez

rluiz

Re: FII level 1 course
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2019, 09:30:51 PM »
If you haven't taken a free diving course I HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU DO. I am forever grateful for Fii and what they taught me. Not only do they teach you how to dive to up to 75' and hold your breath up to 3 mins they teach the rescue techniques. This part is a reason my good friend is still alive today. He blacked out on a 60' drop North of SWS a couple years back. My training kicked in and I was able to notice the symptoms (involuntary air release) and reach him in time before he sank down. Kris is a highly skilled diver and awesome Spearo you couldn't be in better hands.

Offline TheKeeneroo

• Administrator
  • There's definitely a fish under THIS rock....
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2019, 07:26:57 AM »
If you haven't taken a free diving course I HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU DO. I am forever grateful for Fii and what they taught me. Not only do they teach you how to dive to up to 75' and hold your breath up to 3 mins they teach the rescue techniques. This part is a reason my good friend is still alive today. He blacked out on a 60' drop North of SWS a couple years back. My training kicked in and I was able to notice the symptoms (involuntary air release) and reach him in time before he sank down. Kris is a highly skilled diver and awesome Spearo you couldn't be in better hands.

THIS.... +1,000 ^^^

I read and watched a lot of videos about SWB but it wasn't till I learned little "daisy duke" arm linking techniques and such and got to practice it several times that it clicked... I also learned funny things like "relax your teeth" while diving haha. Sounds weird but didn't realize how much I clenched when holding my breath. Too many good things to list that I wasn't in the habit of doing. Level 1 cert (at least) should be a MUST for freedivers!
"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails." - William Arthur Ward

Eric, Pacific Grove
Instagram - @thekeeneroo    Facebook - @Ekeener1
Century Free Diver, Level 1 Free Dive Cert, EANx
DOTY 2018 - 3rd Place
Bring the Ling 2018 - 1st Place (=P)

Offline TW

• daleshark
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2019, 12:10:38 PM »
I wish I could.  Sinus infection going on.
Maybe next time I could tag along. I still need to do the ocean part to finish my cert.

Tim

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt