General Discussion > Freediving Discussion

Scallops okay to eat now?

<< < (5/5)

JZumi:

--- Quote from: Finsup on April 02, 2018, 05:41:39 AM ---I was being sarcastic since he said he was doing well after 24 hours. If allergic, a reaction can occur immediately. If demoic acid poisoning Wikipedia says the following, "Gastrointestinal symptoms can appear 24 hours after ingestion of affected molluscs. They may include vomiting, nausea, diarrhea, abdominal cramps and haemorrhagic gastritis. In more severe cases, neurological symptoms can take several hours or up to three days to develop." so he might have brain damage by now.  :o :'(

--- End quote ---

Current quarantine is due to PSP, not domoic acid.

Malibu_Two:
Still here and feeling fine. And yes, I believe this warning was due to PSP.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version