collapse

Author Topic: Abalone cevichi  (Read 1065 times)

Offline Fis_Hunter

• May I have some more
Abalone cevichi
« on: July 15, 2009, 07:03:45 PM »
I have not had a chance to go ab diving since May 2nd I was looking through the freezer and found an ab I put there in April or May. I took it out thawed it cleaned it and pounded it and cut it up into little cubes.

I took the cubes and added the juice from 13 limes (it was a large ab) and let it sit. Diced up a red union tomato pineapple mango and cilantro and let it sit in the fridge for a while.

I let the ab sit for about 4 hours then mixed them together and let it sit over night.

It tastes great and is a great snack on a hot day.
Myrel C. Willeford

Offline Fis_Hunter

• May I have some more
Re: Abalone cevichi
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 07:09:32 PM »
Here are a couple of pics ready to pour into a serving container for presentation.  Add a few of your favorite chips and you are golden.

Myrel C. Willeford

Offline Mike n

• MAN Mid-Handles
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2009, 09:59:17 PM »
Sounds good, but the pics just show a red X for  me.  I am going to have to broaden my horizons with the ab cooking, I am stuch on the panko breading a deep frying, just cuz it tastes so good.

MN

Abdvrob

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2009, 10:08:39 PM »
Sounds good, but the pics just show a red X for  me.  I am going to have to broaden my horizons with the ab cooking, I am stuch on the panko breading a deep frying, just cuz it tastes so good.

MN

I just bought some Panko crumbs because I heard they're good on abs. Do you just substitute them for bread crumbs? Flour, egg, than Panko and onto a pan?

Offline Fis_Hunter

• May I have some more
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2009, 11:18:30 PM »

MN

I just bought some Panko crumbs because I heard they're good on abs. Do you just substitute them for bread crumbs? Flour, egg, than Panko and onto a pan?

Skip the flour and eggs.  Use tempura batter mix it up dip the cut and pounded ab in the tempura mix give it a little shake then roll it in the Panko crumbs.  I like to add some Bakers sweetened coconut lakes to the panko crumbs.  then fry in oil heated to 350 until golden brown.   
Myrel C. Willeford

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt