NorCal Underwater Hunters Discussion > Hunting Techniques

Sheephead

(1/5) > >>

apeaenlightened:
Supp guys been after this fish as I have not yet shot one. I have seen three in the past 3 dives, one each dive looks like I only get one shot lol and I end up messing up. any advice on how to draw the fish in? I have a couple things I’m doin already. But would love some advice and different thoughts. also a red which I’ve only seen one and it was at the end of my breath hold. Not sure if these are sign I should ease off the deeper part of the water n continue to hunt 30-40 instead of 40-50.
Thanks in advance guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

apeaenlightened:
Also guys keep in mind I’m aware sheeps head eat sea urchin and there fore we shouldn’t be killing them off. I just want one so I can feel satisfied and taste what people say is the best tasting fish we have in our waters.

the_derek:

--- Quote from: apeaenlightened on March 12, 2018, 09:16:35 AM ---Also guys keep in mind I’m aware sheeps head eat sea urchin and there fore we shouldn’t be killing them off. I just want one so I can feel satisfied and taste what people say is the best tasting fish we have in our waters.

--- End quote ---

best tasting fish... 

Have you had perch yet?

apeaenlightened:
Yessir when I go surf fishing

ryang85:

--- Quote from: the_derek on March 12, 2018, 09:20:53 AM ---
--- Quote from: apeaenlightened on March 12, 2018, 09:16:35 AM ---Also guys keep in mind I’m aware sheeps head eat sea urchin and there fore we shouldn’t be killing them off. I just want one so I can feel satisfied and taste what people say is the best tasting fish we have in our waters.

--- End quote ---

best tasting fish... 

Have you had perch yet?

--- End quote ---
I thought the same thing until i shot a sheep. Perch are a luxury to eat compared to any wrasse.  But that's only my opinion and some people love them raw.
I havnt shot many sheep, but my advise is with any fish that does come close is to get a bigger gun if possible. I use my pathos 115 sniper( basicaly a 120 pipe gun.) when i go south and have no problem moving it around the kelp,  it was usefull for a few other fish down there as well. But i did pass on 2 smaller verms because i didnt want to trash the shaft in a hole so that is the biggest downside.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version