collapse

Author Topic: 2018 NCUH meet and Greet camp out & first official purple urchin removal event  (Read 18472 times)

Offline Daniel Lee

I'll be there with my girlfriend!

Offline the_derek

Yep yep.
Death is very often referred to as a good career move.

-Buddy Holly

Insta  @_the_derek_

Offline TW

• daleshark
I'll be there.
Group site.  Fri - Sun.

Offline 123ENGINEERING

I will be there on Saturday for a day trip with my wife.

Offline Diver Dan

• Dan Romo
    • Studio Romo (My shop: Metal Fabrication, Sculpture restoration, Patina, Cast Bronze, etc)
I will be there with at least 7 others. Including kids.

I doubt getting a camp site would be a challenge. On Cinco De Mayo weekend at Caspar, with stellar conditions, the campground was about 1/2-3/4 full. Usually it would be packed with people pounding abs all night.

Albion that same weekend was only about 1/8 full.

Offline Seadog

• Josh T
I'm in for the event and camping if there is space available at that overflow area fri, sat. Myself and girlfriend. And dog

Offline MATT MATTISON

• Dreaming of the day abalone is re-opened
  • Administrator
  • Diving My HAPPY PLACE
    • http://norcalunderwaterhunters.com/forum/MGalleryItem.php?id=1815
I want to thank Ray Powell of diver R fins for donating two pairs of there awesome fin blades and side rails to the the Norcal Underwater Hunters Urchin removal raffle fundraiser Saturday May 26th,

CHECK OUT MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL AT:
https://www.youtube.com/user/mattmattison/videos

Offline pkjeffie

Myself and 4 others will be there.

Offline SnailHunter

I'll be there.  White work truck with a blue necky kayak on the lumber rack.

Offline kathy

I'm recovering from a bad sh***y late spring cold but we can come up Sunday morning - anything happening Sunday morning, can we still recover some urchins with some of you hungover campers  ;) ??

My 10 year old daughter attended one of the last Abalone meetings and is PUMPED to harvest some urchins, so we will get her into some protected shallow water...Let me know please if there's anything official (or unofficial) happening Sunday!

And please remind me on Sunday what each of our limits would be (wasn't clear here if there's a one-day limit only on the 26th, or if there's still a set # we can each pull)

Have a great time Saturday everyone, wish I could be there.
Kathy

« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 08:35:45 AM by kathy »

Offline fishbutt21

• Matt from Sonoma
I would like to thank Matt and josh for a great day and a fun event.
I look forward to the next urchin dive ;D
I am afraid after I am dead my wife will sell all my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it

Offline Twid

What happened to the meet and greet?

Offline TW

• daleshark
What happened to the meet and greet?

All weekend long....
Where were you at?
I meet a lot of people . Before , during and after
the main event on Saturday.
Speaking of.
Hats off to Matt and family for a huge weeend .
Thanks to: Josh and his wife for your continuing efforts in making a difference.
 The Abalone cookoff Champs for showing up and cooking.
To everyone else that showed up .
And to all that donated to the event. Thank you all !!!
Great event and gathering.
Thank you again.

Tim
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 11:32:36 AM by TW »

Offline pkjeffie

Super awesome event. Myself and my buddies showed up having never dove in the ocean or really met any other divers before this. Was super cool to see everyone coming together as a community and we had an incredible time. We were a bit worried being the young inexperienced guys, so thanks to everyone that met and talked with us, cooked us food, and let us roast mallows around the campfire. Those were definitely the highlights. We didn't get as much urchin as we saw some guys pulling out, but I am glad to have helped out in any way we could, and as Josh and Matt were saying, just show support by showing up. Anyone in the Sacramento area, I would love to keep learning about diving and spearfishing! If you think you have the patience to help out please give me a message!

Thanks again guys, see you at the next one!

Offline pclark

Great event, hands go up to Matt and Josh for organizing it.  Thanks to all the businesses and individuals who donated items, that was an amazing raffle.  Great to put some faces to some of the names on here.  Look forward to the next event. 

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt