collapse

Author Topic: Sports Tube Series 2 and 3  (Read 1203 times)

Offline the_derek

Re: Sports Tube Series 2 and 3
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2018, 01:41:05 PM »
Thanks for all the great advise everyone. It is definitely a gray area for SWA. Unfortunately its an international flight so I can't use curb side check in. Sounds like most people get away with the charge. I'll keep my fingers crossed but definitely be ready to pay. Working for an airline and dealing with them everyday I know how flexible policies can be for good or bad.

so you're not taking the G550?
Death is very often referred to as a good career move.

-Buddy Holly

Insta  @_the_derek_

Offline dogpaddle

• Work...Whats that?
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_hI3a6Voyhx839MAaNlxvA
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2018, 02:03:08 PM »
Thanks for all the great advise everyone. It is definitely a gray area for SWA. Unfortunately its an international flight so I can't use curb side check in. Sounds like most people get away with the charge. I'll keep my fingers crossed but definitely be ready to pay. Working for an airline and dealing with them everyday I know how flexible policies can be for good or bad.

so you're not taking the G550?
Nah she's in the shop getting a couple scratches buffed out.

SPONSERED BY THE BATMAN AND AQUAMAN FOUNDATION

Offline SnailHunter

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2018, 12:23:42 PM »
There is definitely an oversized exception for some specific sporting gear, mostly fishing and golfing.  As others have said, when flying domestic use curb side check-in when possible and it won't be an issue most of the time.   I have never had international flights give me trouble and try to charge the oversized fee for a sport tube, domestic was the only place where i had to argue with the check in clerks and pull up the fine print to avoid extra fees.  Just tell them its fishing gear when asked. 

The ironic thing is, long rifles have a similar exception.  I have found it easier to travel with a gun than with a sport tube.

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt