collapse

Author Topic: March Baja trip  (Read 3746 times)

Offline ryang85

March Baja trip
« on: February 14, 2018, 05:46:20 PM »
Got a house rented in los barriles  for march 16 to 23.  Gunna be targeting mainly dog snapper, AJ and Yellowtail but if the wahoo are around deffiantly going to make a trip out to the open waters. Also have pretty good odds of finding sierra and lepord grouper on shore dives from what i hear.   Did my homework for this trip on finding shore dive locations from the old timers and fingers crossed for some  nice weather. So far Joe ( dogpaddle) and Joe (abalonejoe)  are probably gunna be down  there.  Its going to be a low cost trip with the main expense being pangas which I plan on getting many days as possible. I got a  few bedrooms open still  If anyone wants to head down.

Offline 123ENGINEERING

Re: March Baja trip
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 06:29:07 PM »
You guys have a wonderful trip.  Hope I can join one of your trip near future.

Offline ryang85

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 09:33:38 PM »
What house did you get?
One just up the road from Joes  house.   Like 5 houses to the south and on the water.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline ryang85

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2018, 09:34:49 PM »
You guys have a wonderful trip.  Hope I can join one of your trip near future.
Thanks, depending on where i transfer for school i would like to turn it into an annual trip so your welcome anytime in the future.

Offline the_derek

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2018, 09:24:08 AM »
it on my calendar Ryan, ill keep you posted, just realized my passport expired this month. dammit. 
Death is very often referred to as a good career move.

-Buddy Holly

Insta  @_the_derek_

Offline ryang85

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2018, 02:19:34 PM »
it on my calendar Ryan, ill keep you posted, just realized my passport expired this month. dammit.
Last year it only took my 20 days to get mine, i had to pay an extra 30 bucks though.   

Offline dogpaddle

• Work...Whats that?
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_hI3a6Voyhx839MAaNlxvA
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2018, 03:22:17 PM »
If your motivated you can go to the nearest government passport agency and get it taken care of immediately. I know theirs on in San Francisco not sure about Sac.
SPONSERED BY THE BATMAN AND AQUAMAN FOUNDATION

Offline the_derek

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2018, 03:42:10 PM »
If your motivated you can go to the nearest government passport agency and get it taken care of immediately. I know theirs on in San Francisco not sure about Sac.

expedited costs?

-Buddy Holly

Insta  @_the_derek_

Offline dogpaddle

• Work...Whats that?
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2018, 05:30:14 PM »

expedited costs?
Nope

Offline dogpaddle

• Work...Whats that?
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2018, 05:31:21 PM »

expedited costs?
You can call to make appointment or just wait in line.

Offline dogpaddle

• Work...Whats that?
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2018, 08:29:41 PM »
Got a house rented in los barriles  for march 16 to 23.  Gunna be targeting mainly dog snapper, AJ and Yellowtail but if the wahoo are around deffiantly going to make a trip out to the open waters. Also have pretty good odds of finding sierra and lepord grouper on shore dives from what i hear.   Did my homework for this trip on finding shore dive locations from the old timers and fingers crossed for some  nice weather. So far Joe ( dogpaddle) and Joe (abalonejoe)  are probably gunna be down  there.  Its going to be a low cost trip with the main expense being pangas which I plan on getting many days as possible. I got a  few bedrooms open still  If anyone wants to head down.
Tickets acquired. Can't wait!

Offline the_derek

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2018, 09:05:40 AM »
Tickets acquired. Can't wait!

Dude. Didn’t you hear about the hurricane coming in March??

hurricane derek.  ;D

-Buddy Holly

Insta  @_the_derek_

Offline TimBekk

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2018, 12:13:16 AM »
I already made plans to go down to La Paz with my brother the 12th to the 16th otherwise I would try to join the fun. This is my first trip to Baja, I can't wait...hoping for good fishing and good visibility!

Offline ryang85

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2018, 08:41:36 AM »
I already made plans to go down to La Paz with my brother the 12th to the 16th otherwise I would try to join the fun. This is my first trip to Baja, I can't wait...hoping for good fishing and good visibility!
Should be a good time, find some deep structure in 40 to 60 feet and hang out the fish will come to you,  let us know how vis and weather is. Goodluck

Offline Diver Dan

• Dan Romo
    • Studio Romo (My shop: Metal Fabrication, Sculpture restoration, Patina, Cast Bronze, etc)
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2018, 09:02:23 PM »
I'm considering an April trip in that same area, staying at my friend's place which is kind of rustic but on the beach. I'd love to come down with you in March to get a feel for the area. I'm still recovering from broken ribs. I dove last weekend for the first time in 5 weeks but at best I was 50% ability.  So I might just be good as a boat hand/bar tender/chef. Still, would love to come down there and check it out. Keep me posted.

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt