collapse

Author Topic: Polosub Suit Measurements  (Read 2097 times)

Offline DG

Re: Polosub Suit Measurements
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2018, 10:08:58 AM »
Anyway....... :-X
Polosub indirectly offered me a 20% discount or a repair on my dime for shipping to Rome. I'm not happy with them not honoring the warranty and backing up their product. I guess thats better than nothing...." Forza Tre is a very resistant and durable suit, will be difficult to tear it". I don't think I agree with this quote.
I have ripped several suits on the first outing.  Other suits have only lasted a year.  So maybe they should add a disclaimer “except for Joe”. 

If all the pieces are still there I would glue and maybe stitch it back if possible.  You can’t be out of the water that long you will drive your wife crazy. 

I have cut back on certain rips since removing a plastic piece on my kayak that stuck up and often got stuck when jumping back in. 

Offline dogpaddle

• Work...Whats that?
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_hI3a6Voyhx839MAaNlxvA
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2018, 11:14:15 AM »
Just got off the phone with the US polosub rep. Very helpful.  I know a lot of people are considering getting a polosub.  I would recommend going through him.
SPONSERED BY THE BATMAN AND AQUAMAN FOUNDATION

Offline dogpaddle

• Work...Whats that?
« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2018, 11:27:55 AM »
Just got off the phone with the US polosub rep. Very helpful.  I know a lot of people are considering getting a polosub.  I would recommend going through him.

I take it they’re making it right and sending you a new suit
No their still not honoring the warranty.

Offline dogpaddle

• Work...Whats that?
« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2018, 11:31:29 AM »

I take it they’re making it right and sending you a new suit
No their still not honoring the warranty.
Just saying if your dead set on getting a Polosub he is very easy to deal with and helpful within his power.

Offline Zzz

• Imperius Rex
« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2018, 11:50:26 AM »
I'm interested to hear how this plays out. I plan on purchasing a new suit in the near future and Polosub is a front-runner.

I hope it works out for you, Joe. Be persistent and let that rep know that there are potential customers watching this closely.

Offline dogpaddle

• Work...Whats that?
« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2018, 12:12:29 PM »
I'm interested to hear how this plays out. I plan on purchasing a new suit in the near future and Polosub is a front-runner.

I hope it works out for you, Joe. Be persistent and let that rep know that there are potential customers watching this closely.
Will do. Pretty sure I got my answer though. ALL SALES FINAL. AS IS.

Offline Rob102

• Global Moderator
« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2018, 01:25:18 PM »

Did they tell you that “All sales are final, as is”?  I don’t think they said that or they wouldn’t even have a warranty or offer you anything.  If they haven’t told you that, don’t throw in the towel yet. I sent a message to Dario Deli, the UK rep. He has been around for years and occasionally dives SoCal. I don’t know what if anything he can do to help, but the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Offline DG

« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2018, 01:39:19 PM »

Unless they are getting price breaks you can buy 2 or 3 decent suits on sale if you can fit into off the rack suits.  Or replace the top if it wears out before the bottoms. 

Just saying you can beat the hell out of one and use the back up if there is a catastrophic event like joe had. 

Offline dogpaddle

• Work...Whats that?
« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2018, 02:22:28 PM »

Did they tell you that “All sales are final, as is”?  I don’t think they said that or they wouldn’t even have a warranty or offer you anything.  If they haven’t told you that, don’t throw in the towel yet. I sent a message to Dario Deli, the UK rep. He has been around for years and occasionally dives SoCal. I don’t know what if anything he can do to help, but the squeaky wheel gets the grease.
No they didn't say that. Just frustration I guess. So I guess the warranty more accurately is as good as you can negotiate. The US rep which had nothing to do with the sale of my suit offered to repair it for free. I just have to pay for the shipping there. So I'm going to do that to have it as a spare top. I still full heartedly believe it's defective material. I'm about to throw in the towel and grab my ankles and just take the 20% off. If I had a spare suit I'd make this my new mission in life. I just want to get back in the water at this point.

Offline the_derek

« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2018, 03:15:17 PM »

I just want to get back in the water at this point.

you can sit in my bathtub if needed...  ;D

Death is very often referred to as a good career move.

-Buddy Holly

Insta  @_the_derek_

Offline Rob102

• Global Moderator
« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2018, 05:55:19 PM »

That should make him feel better

Offline dogpaddle

• Work...Whats that?
« Reply #56 on: February 10, 2018, 01:23:23 AM »

freshwater spearfishing looks to dangerous for me!

Offline ryang85

« Reply #57 on: February 10, 2018, 07:40:23 AM »

freshwater spearfishing looks to dangerous for me!
But diving in a 10 foot swell isnt

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline dogpaddle

• Work...Whats that?
« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2018, 04:42:57 PM »

So the final verdict from Polosub.
They offered me a 20% discount. I wrote back saying I would take the 20% discount if they wouldn't honor the warranty. I then got an email back saying if I didn't appreciate the discount they are a serious company and would no longer offer me the 20% discount. I then wrote back "I appreciate the 20%"(with my fingers crossed and all butt hurt) and ordered a new top.
The USA rep did offer to fix my top for free. Not sure why since I didn't buy it from him but really appreciate that!
DRAMAAAA!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 10:36:29 PM by dogpaddle »

Offline the_derek

« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2018, 05:21:02 PM »

So the finnal verdict from Polosub.
They offered me a 20% discount. I wrote back saying I would take the 20% discount if they wouldn't honor the warranty. I then got an email back saying if I didn't appreciate the discount they are a serious company and would no longer offer me the 20% discount. I then wrote back "I appreciate the 20%"(with my fingers crossed and all butt hurt) and ordered a new top.
The USA rep did offer to fix my top for free. Not sure why since I didn't buy it from him but really appreciate that!
DRAMAAAA!

You’ve got some serious restraint. If they wrote that back to me they would have received 200 copied and pasted **** you emails hahaha

the usa rep is a nice guy and wants it to work out, but damn that "serious company" shit.

I am a "serious customer" I would def blast them on social media, and start a nice shit storm... but that's just me... and prob gio
Death is very often referred to as a good career move.

-Buddy Holly

Insta  @_the_derek_

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt