collapse

Author Topic: Parasite free?  (Read 4583 times)

Offline dogpaddle

• Work...Whats that?
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_hI3a6Voyhx839MAaNlxvA
Re: Parasite free?
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2018, 08:11:27 PM »
Now that's what I call fresh seafood  :o
SPONSERED BY THE BATMAN AND AQUAMAN FOUNDATION

Offline kathy

« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2018, 10:15:13 PM »
We candled the filets. Honestly I was a little disappointed after all this to find them beautiful and worm-free. And the lighting was very dramatic, especially the scatter illuminating the entire filet, and the second picture with beams of light literally emanating from the fish. Next time I will experiment with leaving skin on one side and seeing what the ling pattern looks like lit from underneath. I bet a blue filet illuminated this way is spectacular!! Enjoy!

Offline the_derek

« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2018, 09:12:47 AM »
See if this one works

the baby hates it
Death is very often referred to as a good career move.

-Buddy Holly

Insta  @_the_derek_

Offline Kelp Creeper

« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2018, 04:56:08 PM »
Have you guys seen cymathoa exigua yet? They're fun. I've found quite a few from fish from the south jetty and am quite dissapointed as I haven't found any since. (There were some really large ones I had come crawling out of a ling or two... like the size of two nickel... or quarters even... *get's bigger every time I remember it*. The fun thing about them is they like to stick to your dive gloves when you're already freaked out and then you look like a girl when you're squealing and trying to shake them off.

Also .. not parasitic per se, but does anyone know about these little weird things I get on my wet suit when I brush up against some hairy rocks in the deep dark murky waters of the north jetty? I'll get them covering one of my arms and they look like the letter "J" and they sort of flop around and wriggle aggressively all the while being completely secured to your wetsuit.

(On a different note) I have a quick vid of a copper I'll get it uploaded for you all. (tons of them in Humboldt bay... especially at night).

Offline kathy

« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2018, 08:28:32 PM »
"but does anyone know about these little weird things I get on my wet suit when I brush up against some hairy rocks "

Are you sure those hairy things you're brushing against are rocks?

;D :o :-*

(sorry, other than that I have nothing useful to add to the discussion)

(and thanks for plugging a new thing into my brain that I now have to watch out for)

Offline Rob102

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2018, 11:25:49 PM »
Really interested in that one. The tiny brown saltwater leech thingies.

Are they pile worms?

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt