collapse

Author Topic: 2018 competitions  (Read 4743 times)

Offline MATT MATTISON

• Dreaming of the day abalone is re-opened
  • Administrator
  • Diving My HAPPY PLACE
    • http://norcalunderwaterhunters.com/forum/MGalleryItem.php?id=1815
Re: 2018 competitions
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2017, 02:54:25 PM »
Gio, If you want to catch Matt in cool points you should make a video of you jumping out of a helicopter onto the back of a great white shark wearing spurs and a shark shield and riding that big bitch for 8 seconds!

That would be awesome and probably get a million views and likes
CHECK OUT MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL AT:
https://www.youtube.com/user/mattmattison/videos

Offline Rob102

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2017, 03:00:13 PM »
Gio, If you want to catch Matt in cool points you should make a video of you jumping out of a helicopter onto the back of a great white shark wearing spurs and a shark shield and riding that big bitch for 8 seconds!

Thats so stupid Rob

No way I'd be caught dead wearing a Shark Shield

You could prove to my satisfaction that shark Shield works. And I’m sure you’d pick up a sponsorship from SS, GoPro, wing suits...

Offline ryang85

« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2017, 04:07:55 PM »

Thats so stupid Rob

No way I'd be caught dead wearing a Shark Shield

You could prove to my satisfaction that shark Shield works. And I’m sure you’d pick up a sponsorship from SS, GoPro, wing suits...
Ill find the shark, if you find the helocopter.   

Offline ryang85

« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2017, 04:17:29 PM »
Which suit do I wear for this stunt though?

All of them

Offline Rob102

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2017, 06:21:55 PM »
Should I call for a Huey?

Offline ryang85

« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2017, 06:30:19 PM »
Should I call for a Huey?
Would have to use a cessna due to budget constraints,  i can chase an elk into the bay and let Gio jump on that for some practice.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 06:34:33 PM by ryang85 »

Offline Rob102

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2017, 07:35:17 PM »
Back on topic.

When would you guys want to start comps?  Do you want to try and sneak one in this year or wait until after New Years?

Offline dogpaddle

• Work...Whats that?
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_hI3a6Voyhx839MAaNlxvA
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2017, 07:50:14 PM »
I'd be up to do a small comp before the end of the month. Quick question.  What does Sub Surface have to do with the comp? Do we have to go to Mendocino?
SPONSERED BY THE BATMAN AND AQUAMAN FOUNDATION

Offline Rob102

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2017, 08:06:23 PM »
No we don’t need to go to Mendo, but I have a cabin there and Subsurface Progression is the only dive shop on the coast in my area. Also, Blake, the owner of Subsurface Progression has talked to me and is interested in being involved. In fact he wants to do his own comps, and he has people a number of divers who aren’t active on the spearfishing websites. I don’t think he’s into the big comps, but smaller type like single species, or where we don’t target fish that people generally don’t eat. I also have a problem shooting fish just for points.

Long answer for a quick question.

Short answer, it’s easier on me.

Offline ryang85

« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2017, 08:12:07 PM »
No we don’t need to go to Mendo, but I have a cabin there and Subsurface Progression is the only dive shop on the coast in my area. Also, Blake, the owner of Subsurface Progression has talked to me and is interested in being involved. In fact he wants to do his own comps, and he has people a number of divers who aren’t active on the spearfishing websites. I don’t think he’s into the big comps, but smaller type like single species, or where we don’t target fish that people generally don’t eat. I also have a problem shooting fish just for points.

Long answer for a quick question.

Short answer, it’s easier on me.
Vis tends so be a lot better also. Its an extra hour to get there for a lot of people but its not a terrible inconvenience.  Some sonoma ones would be cool, but those need to be when vis is good.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline Rob102

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2017, 08:21:15 PM »
like I said, I don’t live in Sonoma, I rarely dive there and I’m not an expert on the area. But you are!  Why don’t you run a comp in Sonoma?

Offline ryang85

« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2017, 10:23:48 PM »
like I said, I don’t live in Sonoma, I rarely dive there and I’m not an expert on the area. But you are!  Why don’t you run a comp in Sonoma?

No shit. Since when does Sonoma have better vis than mendo? The last year Ryan’s been diving?

Should have clarified it better for the internet police hahahaha.
 im saying mendo has better vis, and im agreeing mendo is a slightly better location for most people for number of reasons
(more protection, vis, 20  or 30 minutes away from civilization...ect)
 although 3 weeks ago sonoma beat mendo by about 10 foot of vis, but last week it was back to like 5 foot vis.
 And hey in my last  month of diving ive gotten 3 more  verms than you have in your many years of expertise
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 10:29:29 PM by ryang85 »

Offline ryang85

« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2017, 10:49:10 PM »
You need to learn to read.

Since when does mendo have better vis than Sonoma. The last year you’ve been diving?

And Adam spoon feeding you verms is hardly something to brag about 😂
I thought that was your native language of sarcasm.
mendo almost always has been vis, if you get away from the rivers its usualy at least 10 feet year round, sonoma is usualy 5 or less from january to March.  And no thats over the last 8 years ive been diving mendo and sonoma.  And im not bragging, I only got 2 with adam , the other 2 were on my own in my own spots. And hahaha dont get all butthurt i know you have more time in the water and shot more fish especialy blue water, im just giving you shit.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 10:51:01 PM by ryang85 »

Offline Rob102

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2017, 10:58:43 PM »
Ryan, I bet you are a good dive partner, as long as you keep the snorkel in your mouth, but I think the paddle would be brutal.

Offline Rob102

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2017, 11:40:22 PM »
I'd be up to do a small comp before the end of the month. Quick question.  What does Sub Surface have to do with the comp? Do we have to go to Mendocino?

Sunday might be good. My back is killing me but I could do it if we had enough interest. I’ll start a new thread so Ryan and Gio can keep up the banter on this one.

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt