collapse

Author Topic: Shooting ranges  (Read 2814 times)

Offline Mike n

• MAN Mid-Handles
Re: Shooting ranges
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2017, 12:34:58 PM »

Offline Travis Mills

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2017, 04:42:17 PM »
Not recently.  Worked there when I was still in high school though.. We just got a few spots out in the hills that we cruise out to occasionally and pop off a few rounds. 

Offline Travis Mills

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2017, 08:33:32 PM »
Yeah and still live here.  Your from Collinsville or bird town?  I think you sent me the video of Collinsville burning that you took. 

Offline Marc

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2017, 09:53:35 PM »
Livermore is open. Davis street in San Leandro also has a range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love to hunt.

Offline mot

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2017, 01:31:09 PM »
don't forget concord. they have a long range there. the shoot 50's there. I have shot air guns there but not big stuff. all outdoors. The only indoor range that I know that you can shoot anything is gun fishing and other stuff. san leandro is pistol only indoors and no Mags. I don't think they will allow pistols or 22's on the 100 yd either.

Offline Prodigal Son

« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2018, 09:33:15 PM »
Thanks everyone.  I did some looking on the internet about all of the options mentioned and I'm going to try the range in San Leandro first.

Keep us posted. I'd love to hear some first hand experience of that range.

San Leandro is a decent range and is affordable.  It has indoor and outdoor ranges.  One of the outdoor ranges supposedly goes out to 100 yds but I’ve only used the indoor range so far.  The medium outdoor range goes to 35 (or 50?) yds.  Unfortunately, they only allow slugs if you want to use a shotgun.  Unlike my range back in SoCal, San Leandro doesn’t offer an annual membership.  You can get a discount though by taking their range safety test at no extra cost.  It’s just a written exam and it’s easy to pass.  After you pass, they issue you a range card (takes about 1 week to get) for your discount.  There are no fancy amenities.  They have a limited selection of ammo and target faces for sale, along with a few cleaning kits and vending machines.  You have to bring your own guns and eye/ear protection; there are no rentals or loaners.  Since the facility is near the Waste Management dump, there is a foul odor in the parking lot (which is small) but fortunately it’s not noticeable in the range.

Btw, does anyone know some places in the area that sell ammo for cheap?  In SoCal, I got my ammo at Walmart, but the Walmarts in San Leandro and San Lorenzo do not sell any ammo. >:( I found a Big 5 sporting goods store in Alameda that sells ammo but they’re much more expensive than Walmart.

Offline Prodigal Son

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2018, 11:35:57 AM »
Bummer on the ammo situation.  Btw, can anyone recommend good gun stores in the SF bay area?  I'm looking to get a J-frame revolver but the nearest Turner's Outdoorsman is a 6+ hour drive away in Salinas.

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt