collapse

Author Topic: Shooting ranges  (Read 2740 times)

Offline Prodigal Son

Shooting ranges
« on: October 18, 2017, 09:19:33 AM »
Hi, I'm moving from SoCal to Oakland at the end of the month.  Are there any good shooting ranges in the area that you can recommend, particularly in-door ranges?  I'm looking for a range that will allow rifles and shotguns, in addition to handguns.

Offline DG

Re: Shooting ranges
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 09:49:59 AM »
Most ranges I have been to in the past have closed, but I do live on the coast and you can shoot on some of the state forests for free.  Just clean up after yourself or we will lose that right also. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Prodigal Son

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 10:01:32 AM »
That's unfortunate.  With the terrible fires NorCal has been facing, I'm going to avoid outdoor shooting in any wooded areas.

Offline DogandDive84

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2017, 10:40:13 AM »
Richmond Rod and Gun club is till open not sure if you want to travel that far.

Offline DG

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2017, 10:52:03 AM »
That's unfortunate.  With the terrible fires NorCal has been facing, I'm going to avoid outdoor shooting in any wooded areas.
If you ever come up to Ft bragg I will give you info on one off of the hwy that is in an old quarry and no danger of fires unless you bring flame throwers. 

Offline Joshua R.

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2017, 11:04:37 AM »
I think Chabot has a range.  Richmond is a good alternative.

Offline Joshua R.

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2017, 11:07:10 AM »
Looks like Chabot closed last year.  Richmond it is.

Offline Duckfoot

• Jack Shaw Sculpture
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2017, 11:21:53 AM »
Looks like Chabot closed last year.  Richmond it is.

Bummer. I loved Chabot.
http://chabotgunclub.com/
If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea.  –Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Offline Prodigal Son

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2017, 12:15:33 PM »
Looks like the Richmond club is about a 30 minute drive from where I'll be living, which is doable since I usually go to the range on Sundays.  Is Richmond a private club?

Offline DogandDive84

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2017, 02:14:58 PM »
Im sure you can join but you don't have to be a member to shoot last time I was there.

Offline willidru

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2017, 08:41:27 PM »
There's a range in San Leandro, Livermore and an I indoor range in Dublin at guns fishing and other stuff.

Offline lawtalkingguy

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2017, 11:02:26 PM »
If you ever come up to Ft bragg I will give you info on one off of the hwy that is in an old quarry and no danger of fires unless you bring flame throwers.

I'd be interested in hearing about that one.  In Sonoma we're now pretty much limited to Circle S.

Offline Prodigal Son

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2017, 02:40:33 PM »
Thanks everyone.  I did some looking on the internet about all of the options mentioned and I'm going to try the range in San Leandro first.

Offline Isaacson

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2017, 08:19:57 AM »
Thanks everyone.  I did some looking on the internet about all of the options mentioned and I'm going to try the range in San Leandro first.

Keep us posted. I'd love to hear some first hand experience of that range.

Offline Travis Mills

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2017, 12:12:23 PM »
Vacaville has a indoor range. Hunting fishing and other stuff is the name of the store. Right of I-80 and Alamo.. Not sure what it's opened to though.  My gun range is the Montezuma hills. Haha

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt