collapse

Author Topic: Fires  (Read 568 times)

Offline gabbert

• chillin' the most
Fires
« on: October 09, 2017, 09:41:25 AM »
Thoughts and prayers for any of you in the path of those fires.

Stay safe men.

Offline ryang85

Re: Fires
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 10:29:31 AM »
Thoughts and prayers for any of you in the path of those fires.

Stay safe men.
Tons of ash and evacuees in point reyes, i could see the glow this morning from 30 miles away, my girlfriends house likely burnt down. DG has a crazy instagram video, i know a lot of homes are burnt down and most people have uet to find out.   And freeways are parked from what i hear.

Last night there was a strange east wind, it was super hot and dry and would have gust that easily were 40 to 50mph.   That is likely to blame for all of this. 

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline DG

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 10:47:59 AM »
Finally made it home and it took me all night.  I truly thought I was going to die.  I was just cruising down 101 minding my own business and smelling lots of smoke.  The freeway was closed and people were not directed away from the fire and I thought it was in the mountains so tried to find another way to a different exit and got stuck for over 30min trying to get away from it and was barely getting oxygen. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ryang85

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 11:06:17 AM »
Finally made it home and it took me all night.  I truly thought I was going to die.  I was just cruising down 101 minding my own business and smelling lots of smoke.  The freeway was closed and people were not directed away from the fire and I thought it was in the mountains so tried to find another way to a different exit and got stuck for over 30min trying to get away from it and was barely getting oxygen. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scary shit,  glad you are OK,

good thing you didnt have a gas pickup with any fuel leaks. 

Offline gabbert

• chillin' the most
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2017, 03:13:49 PM »
I've been that close to a fire, and I remember how amazingly hot it is even through the car door and windows. Not to mention the smoke.

Glad you're alright.

Offline Creatura

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2017, 03:48:10 PM »
Wind direction change has me a bit puckered up right now.  You all be safe!

Offline the_derek

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2017, 04:41:25 PM »
so... was this arson?
Death is very often referred to as a good career move.

-Buddy Holly

Insta  @_the_derek_

Offline WildernessMedic

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2017, 04:51:38 PM »
Being 3 states away with fire jumping all around back home sucks.

Lightning doesn't strike the same place twice right?

« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 04:58:33 PM by WildernessMedic »

Offline Creatura

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2017, 05:40:58 PM »
so... was this arson?

I have reports ranging from lightning to meteorites (no joke).  Just a kindling box of dry season and high winds.

I couldn't find the youtube link so check the NYtimes article with the drone footage.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/10/10/us/california-wildfires-drone-footage.html

Offline ryang85

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2017, 07:48:24 PM »

I think calistoga and sonoma are in for a very long night,

Gio at least your house is on thr north side of willits , redwood valley got half leveled, then the wind switched and the fire went and cleaned up what it missed the first round. 

Offline WildernessMedic

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2017, 08:00:39 PM »

Gio at least your house is on thr north side of willits , redwood valley got half leveled, then the wind switched and the fire went and cleaned up what it missed the first round. 

With my luck I wouldn't be surprised if I had two houses burn down in 3 years. Luckily I have everything important with me, minus the dog, so I'm not too worried. Plus I still haven't bought too much since losing everything haha...

I'm more bummed about being away and unable to help. Every time I get service my phone blows up with rescue/aid call outs.

Offline lawtalkingguy

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2017, 11:02:49 PM »

With my luck I wouldn't be surprised if I had two houses burn down in 3 years. Luckily I have everything important with me, minus the dog, so I'm not too worried. Plus I still haven't bought too much since losing everything haha...

I'm more bummed about being away and unable to help. Every time I get service my phone blows up with rescue/aid call outs.

I got the important shit out of my house but I realized I would have a real problem with the snakes in case of an evacuation.  Can't really take the big tank out easily and I have no other way of keeping both warm.  At least they aren't hots like yours.
 Good thing the fires stopped short of my neighborhood.

Offline dogpaddle

• Work...Whats that?
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_hI3a6Voyhx839MAaNlxvA
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2017, 11:41:46 PM »
Thankful to the Santa Rosa fire department for saving my house. To close for comfort.  Picture out of my driveway.
SPONSERED BY THE BATMAN AND AQUAMAN FOUNDATION

Offline 123ENGINEERING

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2017, 07:46:04 AM »
Hi Joe
Glad your house was saved.
Was working at Middletown for the last couple days and Napa area fire look really bad.

Offline dogpaddle

• Work...Whats that?
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_hI3a6Voyhx839MAaNlxvA
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2017, 06:54:54 PM »
Thanks,  relaxing in Miami now. Picked up a nice trip to beat the smoke.
SPONSERED BY THE BATMAN AND AQUAMAN FOUNDATION

* North Coast Swells

Go to wavewatch.com for your local surf forecasts

* THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

* Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt