NorCal Underwater Hunters Discussion > DIY Projects

First Bluewater gun build

<< < (2/7) > >>

ryang85:
Finally starting to lot less like a chunk of wood and more like a speargun, 

Surprisingly a lot more warp than expected, almost a 1/8 inch hump in the middle and an annoying twist, luckily i was able to run it through the jointer and get it all straightend out to the 1/64 of an inch.
 Routed it out and fought the neptonics enclosed track into my routed track with a lot of hand sanding.  Ended up being as straight down to the .001 inch according to my calipers.

Got the mech in and started sanding the sides down to be able to get the line relase and trigger to stick out enough. 

Made my first mistake and drilled the pin for the line release in the wrong spot and it couldnt swing open enough, not sure how im going to fix it but it shoudnt be a huge deal with some epoxy and sanding,     
 My belt sander started to tear so i have a ton of smoothing and straightening things out after a get a new belt . 

Also stopped in windsor and picked up a       nice peice of walnut and wenge for the next project,
Going to start  a 45" double roller soon.

Mike N. Made a mid handle  for me out of wenge and it is slowely darkening with age and finaly turned fully black, one of my favorite wood types. Just heard it was a little bit more difficult to work with.

123ENGINEERING:
Looks nice.
After you are done with it, please bring it with you for me check it out.
I will give it a detail inspection.....

DG:
Looking good. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ryang85:

--- Quote from: 123ENGINEERING on October 23, 2017, 10:01:00 PM ---Looks nice.

--- End quote ---
Dont look too closely,  my goal was accuracy and i got that down with the router table,   but my chiselling and dremel skills are pretty crappy at this point so it might have a few mess ups when im done.

the_derek:

--- Quote from: ryang85 on October 23, 2017, 10:30:20 PM ---
--- Quote from: 123ENGINEERING on October 23, 2017, 10:01:00 PM ---Looks nice.

--- End quote ---
Dont look too closely,  my goal was accuracy and i got that down with the router table,   but my chiselling and dremel skills are pretty crappy at this point so it might have a few mess ups when im done.

--- End quote ---

Looking good kid... Can't wait for you to make me one  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version