collapse

Author Topic: Couple of photos from Kauai  (Read 1570 times)

Offline shaun614

Couple of photos from Kauai
« on: July 23, 2017, 04:38:08 PM »
Just came back from a short 7 day trip from Kauai. Much mahalos to Kris for the recommended spots. Just wanted to share some pics from the awesome vacay I had. It was the first time using an underwater housing kit for my sony rx100. I'm still learning and messing around with the settings. I'm sure as I continue to play around with it, I'll be producing more quality photos. Can't wait to use more of it here in Cali.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 06:00:05 PM by shaun614 »
"Wherever you go, there you are."

Offline DG

Re: Couple of photos from Kauai
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2017, 05:05:28 PM »
Sounds like a good vacation

Offline shaun614

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2017, 05:13:48 PM »
Yeah it was awesome, although I am physically back home here in Cali. My mind is still there and I'm already looking forward to the next visit  :).

Offline naturalSelection

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2017, 01:09:15 PM »
How are the fish?

Offline shaun614

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2017, 08:20:17 PM »
How are the fish?

The fish weren't as timid as I expected but still challenging to hunt. That being said, I came out empty handed on both the days I spearfished. The days that I dove without my speargun were the times that I saw the most. I was able to spot Papio (small trevally), Omilu (Semi larger trevally), UHU (Parrotfish), Kala (unicorn fish), ROI's (peacock groupers) all within striking distance. A few locals recommended to just sit on the bottom and let them come around to you. I mainly dive bombed on most of the ones I tried to catch. First day I went, I did a three quarter mile swim out to a cliff that drops 60+ with a 1.5mm rashguard and pants (which got pretty chilly). The second day I was diving on a rainy day which visibility was kind of poor, I didnt see much but spotted a nice size omilu in a cave around 30ft that I regret not shooting.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 08:24:07 PM by shaun614 »

Offline shaun614

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2017, 02:37:24 AM »
Second thought I don't regret nothing I had a good time lol

Offline shaun614

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2017, 08:58:27 AM »
Second thought I don't regret nothing I had a good time lol

There ya go. Winner.

Thank you sir. Live life to the fullest
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 09:12:13 AM by shaun614 »

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt