collapse

Author Topic: Arpon Spearfishing Playa Del Carmen  (Read 201 times)

Offline Diver Dan

• Dan Romo
    • Studio Romo (My shop: Metal Fabrication, Sculpture restoration, Patina, Cast Bronze, etc)
Arpon Spearfishing Playa Del Carmen
« on: July 15, 2017, 06:38:27 PM »
On my recent trip to the Yucatan Peninsula (Late June) I went out with Javi at Arpon Spearfishing. He has his own very nice boat which he keeps docked at Puerto Aventuras. His prices are fair and he caters to experienced spearfishers. Conditions were pretty bad most of the time I was down there, but a day opened up that looked good so we hit it. Turned out to be epic. 80'+ vis. On my first dive I hit 60' and shot a 20+ pound Jurel on a ship wreck off Playa Del Carmen. Shortly after shot another bigger one. Couldn't get close enough to hit some really nice Permits and Barracudas. Also hit my personal best depth of 73' and it felt like nothing. Warm water and crystal clear vis and no need for a wetsuit make a huge difference!

Offline gabbert

• chillin' the most
Re: Arpon Spearfishing Playa Del Carmen
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2017, 08:25:36 PM »
Nice.

Offline ryang85

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2017, 10:17:39 PM »
Awsome stuff and nice permit, my whole trip got blown out with the calmest day being 25 knot winds.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline Diver Dan

• Dan Romo
    • Studio Romo (My shop: Metal Fabrication, Sculpture restoration, Patina, Cast Bronze, etc)
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2017, 10:31:42 PM »
Awsome stuff and nice permit, my whole trip got blown out with the calmest day being 25 knot winds.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Yup, it can be like that down there. I got lucky.

Offline the_derek

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2017, 09:07:58 AM »
Awesome.
Death is very often referred to as a good career move.

-Buddy Holly

Insta  @_the_derek_

Offline dogpaddle

• Work...Whats that?
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_hI3a6Voyhx839MAaNlxvA
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2017, 05:38:21 PM »
Very nice!
SPONSERED BY THE BATMAN AND AQUAMAN FOUNDATION

* North Coast Swells

Go to wavewatch.com for your local surf forecasts

* THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

* Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt