collapse

Author Topic: Yeehaw!  (Read 1601 times)

Offline John

Every generation imagines itself to be more intelligent than the one that went before it, and wiser than the one that comes after it. -Orwell

Offline the_derek

Re: Yeehaw!
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017, 09:09:56 AM »
Guess he didn't like the taste of fiberglass.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Great-White-Shark-Attack-Kayak-Santa-Cruz-Steamer-Lane-433908063.html?_osource=SocialFlowFB_BAYBrand

look at the yak... black underside, little guy was just curious to what it was, gave him a little mouth hug.
Death is very often referred to as a good career move.

-Buddy Holly

Insta  @_the_derek_

Offline Sir Rob IV

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2017, 09:20:18 AM »
How many is that this year? At least 2 kayak attacks? Sharks are getting bolder and bolder be careful everyone

Offline the_derek

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2017, 10:03:49 AM »
How many is that this year? At least 2 kayak attacks? Sharks are getting bolder and bolder be careful everyone

or more yaks in the water? Rather them bite yaks than my body.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 10:07:13 AM by the_derek »

-Buddy Holly

Insta  @_the_derek_

Offline BigJim

• No White Flags.
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2017, 11:27:58 AM »
I went diving the past two days despite the beach "closures".

No sharks seen...

BUTT I did find dinner laying on the bottom.

;)

Not a very big one at 27.5 inches, but still stoked...only my fifth speared one ever, second speared here in the 831...

Last one I got seems like forever ago back in 2015:

http://doty.norcalkayakanglers.com/catches/1793

I would be embarrassed about horrible shot placement but I'll go for a center mass bulls eye shot any day on these guys...

Didn't see this one until I was RIGHT above it and by time I saw outline I was so close I just pulled trigger right where gun was pointing. 

Also seen in the murk were leopard sharks, rays, mola mola, sand, short halibut, sand, sand dollar beds, spooked halibut in 3 feet of water, sand, bait, eel grass, guitarfish, and sand.

Pretty stoked to live so close to the beach that my food is still twitching when I get home:

Few pics attached...shot her right at sunset so didn't have a lot of light for better pics.

Gonna eat her tonight with my buddy Jeff who has been taking me out Salmon fishing. Want to try and say thanks for all his generosity. 

:)

Sincerely,

Jim

Offline Sir Rob IV

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2017, 01:39:22 PM »

No sharks seen...

;)

Not a very big one at 27.5 inches, but still stoked...only my fifth speared one ever, second speared here in the 831...

I would be embarrassed about horrible shot placement but I'll go for a center mass bulls eye shot any day on these guys...

Didn't see this one until I was RIGHT above it and by time I saw outline I was so close I just pulled trigger right where gun was pointing. 

Also seen in the murk were leopard sharks, rays, mola mola, sand, short halibut, sand, sand dollar beds, spooked halibut in 3 feet of water, sand, bait, eel grass, guitarfish, and sand.

Pretty stoked to live so close to the beach that my food is still twitching when I get home:

Few pics attached...shot her right at sunset so didn't have a lot of light for better pics.

Gonna eat her tonight with my buddy Jeff who has been taking me out Salmon fishing. Want to try and say thanks for all his generosity. 

Sincerely,

Jim

Jim your to tall for a GWS pro thinks your just another GWS

Offline the_derek

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2017, 02:14:09 PM »

No sharks seen...

;)

Sincerely,

Jim

Jim your to tall for a GWS pro thinks your just another GWS

lol

-Buddy Holly

Insta  @_the_derek_

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt