NorCal Underwater Hunters Discussion > Abalone & Fisheries Management

Mlpa maps and google earth file for mlpa's

(1/3) > >>

MATT MATTISON:
Here is a map of the upcomming MLPA's as well as a google earth file to show were all these closures will be.
[smg id=766]
 and here is the link to the google earth file but you must have google earth on your pc for it to work just down load the free version if you have not allready
http://norcalunderwaterhunters.com/forum/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=19

MATT MATTISON:
Here is some more on the Mlpa closure and the where abouts 

"This spring, new marine protected areas (MPAs) will go into effect along California's coastline from Alder Creek, near Point Arena in Mendocino County, to Pigeon Point in San Mateo County.

A new, printer-friendly brochure titled "Marine Protected Area Information for Recreational Fishermen" is now available online at www.dfg.ca.gov/mlpa/pdfs/nccmpas_brochure_highres.pdf . You may also view a web-friendly version (smaller file size) online at www.dfg.ca.gov/mlpa/pdfs/nccmpas_brochure_lowres.pdf .

For more information, visit the Marine Life Protection Act Web site at www.dfg.ca.gov/mlpa.

####

Note: This e-mail account is used to distribute information to the public. Do not reply to this e-mail.

- Subscribe to DFG News via e-mail or RSS feed -- go to  www.dfg.ca.gov/news
- Subscribe (or unsubscribe) to DFG Marine Region News Service (e-mail notification of ocean-related news and information) at  www.dfg.ca.gov/marine/subscribe.asp . 

thereefgeek:
Yep, be sure to check the new DFG regs booklet for more info on the upcoming closed areas.
Some spots like Sea Lion Cove up near Pt. Arena are finfish only now, no abs (even though there's more abalone there than you could ever hope to pull).
Saunders Reef (about 6 mi. south of that) is now NO TAKE what so ever.
Stewart's Point is another big mess of a NO TAKE zone.
Just know where you're diving this year boys & girls.  It's going to be interesting......

Abdvrob:
Luckily I dive with buddies who know if the areas are GOOD TO GO or not. If I don't know if an area is PHUCKED or not, I'm not diving it.

MATT MATTISON:
Figured I would bump this since I have ben asked about 50 times in the last couple of days.

Here is a map of the upcomming MLPA's as well as a google earth file to show were all these closures will be.[smg id=766]

and here is the link to the google earth file but you must have google earth on your pc for it to work just down load the free version if you have not allready
http://norcalunderwaterhunters.com/forum/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=19

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version