collapse

Author Topic: Seeking Volunteers  (Read 151 times)

Offline Joshua R.

Seeking Volunteers
« on: March 20, 2017, 08:03:50 AM »
Department of Fish and Wildlife is looking for volunteers to be out on the coast on the morning of April 1 to remind people that abalone season opens May 1 this year. The plan is to post up teams of two volunteers at as many sites as we can from just before 8am til about 10am so volunteers can spearfish after or just enjoy a day on the coast. Let me know if you're interested.

Offline Sir Rob IV

Re: Seeking Volunteers
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 01:47:04 PM »
Telling people it's not the abalone opener on April fool's day sounds fun.  Count me in

Offline randyrhoads

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 01:49:48 PM »
Shoot me a reminder a few days prior and I can probably come out. I get an official yellow rain jacket and plastic badge right?

Offline Joshua R.

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 01:54:40 PM »
Telling people it's not the abalone opener on April fool's day sounds fun.  Count me in

Don't think that wasn't pointed out.  They haven't printed the 2017 regs yet so we have no official documentation, it'll be early in the morning and they probably just drove for 3+ hours. 

We're just going to be asking them to read the date that is printed on their abalone card though so hopefully that will get them over the April fools hurdle.

* North Coast Swells

Go to wavewatch.com for your local surf forecasts

* THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

* Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt