collapse

Author Topic: Triton Open Dive Buddy  (Read 1376 times)

Offline CaExplorer

Triton Open Dive Buddy
« on: May 01, 2017, 05:13:53 PM »
Any newer divers interested in competing in the Trition Open this Saturday?

Let me first mention current conditions are looking rough, this post is assuming conditions are decent. If not I'll still probably check out the event. I had a blast at Randy Fry despite the fact the tournament was called.

I've been freediving for some time now,  progressed through a level 2 course and feel comfortable in the water. I have limited tournament experience and have  been spearing for a little over a year with modest success. That said, Im in love with the diving, the community it kindles and am eager to gain more experience in all aspects of the sport.  I'd also like to join the Tritons at some point the this tourny seems like an ideal in road.

I'm looking for a dive buddy for the novice division as my regular crew can't make the event.  I do a one up one down style of hunting and would like someone who's comfortable and capable of watching my six. I'm down to work hard, dive hard and give it my best, but am more interested in making connections and having fun.

If there are any more experienced divers out there who need a dive buddy (even for the advanced division) , I'm happy to safety for them and soak up the knowledge.

Im currently only armed with a Banksboard, so a shore dive would more than likely. I do have a coast guard beacon and 2 VHF radios and don't mind pushing out fairly far into the ocean.

I'll either be commuting from Sunnyvale in the morning or crashing at a buddies who lives locally in Monterey.  If you want any more info on my background or have questions feel free to PM me and I'll pass on my phone #.

Cheers
Chris
Right now, you are exactly where you are supposed to be.

Offline LiveAlohaKris

• Know your limits, but never accept them
Re: Triton Open Dive Buddy
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 08:20:09 PM »
Hey Chris! I also live in Sunnyvale! I'm not entering the tournament but always down for dive buddies.

Offline the_derek

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2017, 09:24:50 AM »
if its not canceled you i have a buddy, but cool with a 3rd
Death is very often referred to as a good career move.

-Buddy Holly

Insta  @_the_derek_

Offline DG

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2017, 07:33:19 PM »

Rescheduled

Offline CaExplorer

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2017, 11:59:39 AM »
Thanks for the update DG, I'll post again when it's rescheduled.
Right now, you are exactly where you are supposed to be.

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt