collapse

Author Topic: Baja?  (Read 4218 times)

Offline Abalonejoe

Baja?
« on: January 09, 2017, 05:04:57 AM »
Sooo just a heads up! Took the handle off my comanche.... checked the rest of the gun in a pvc tube,  but they wouldnt let me carry on the handle..... said it looks too much like a weapon!! So going to baja with no speargun..... i have my daughters apache there, though..... can i swap the handles?...... thanks

Offline JackSquirt

• We're life takers and heart breakers
Re: Baja?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 09:06:39 AM »
THANKS OBAMA
Change is inevitable, growth is optional.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAK_Ey3-Y0OQp06SLvni-pw

Offline MATT MATTISON

• Dreaming of the day abalone is re-opened
  • Administrator
  • Diving My HAPPY PLACE
    • http://norcalunderwaterhunters.com/forum/MGalleryItem.php?id=1815
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 11:19:09 AM »
More like thank you TSA !! stupid fuks !
CHECK OUT MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL AT:
https://www.youtube.com/user/mattmattison/videos

Offline divenfish

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2017, 11:24:00 AM »
I believe that comanche tube diameter is 28mm vs 26 mm of the apache's. Duct tape/electrical tape may do the trick to snug fit the apache handle in a comanche tube. Check shaft alignment and engagement in the trigger mechanism before loading the band.

Offline Abalonejoe

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2017, 01:56:28 PM »
I believe that comanche tube diameter is 28mm vs 26 mm of the apache's. Duct tape/electrical tape may do the trick to snug fit the apache handle in a comanche tube. Check shaft alignment and engagement in the trigger mechanism before loading the band.
damn..... you know your Cressis.... spot on... the apache was too small.... gonna try your tape trick.... but the plastic line release, seems futile with the amount of band power i have, ill let you know how it works!! Beautiful here

Offline Road Runner

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2017, 04:18:01 PM »
Sooo just a heads up! Took the handle off my comanche.... checked the rest of the gun in a pvc tube,  but they wouldnt let me carry on the handle..... said it looks too much like a weapon!! So going to baja with no speargun..... i have my daughters apache there, though..... can i swap the handles?...... thanks

Abalonejoe -- isn't there a spear shop in Los Barriles? I saw one last time I was there but I didn't go in. I would imagine they are pretty expensive and have a limited stock. Also, there are a few shops in La Paz that sell spearing gear.

Offline Abalonejoe

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2017, 04:49:38 PM »
Really? I got my license from the east cape tackle...... didnt see any spearo gear...

Offline Road Runner

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2017, 04:59:35 PM »
Really? I got my license from the east cape tackle...... didnt see any spearo gear...

Yes, last time I was there I saw a store in the middle of town right off the main strip that had a sign that said they sold spear guns.

Offline Road Runner

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2017, 05:10:09 PM »

Offline Gernot

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2017, 10:28:56 PM »
Heading to la Paz next week and planing on taking 4 rubber sling guns (2comanche, a AB biller and a super old home made one). Did anyone ever run into trouble when checking spearguns as a whole? (At least that is what I was planing to do...). Thanks!

Offline Abalonejoe

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2017, 02:53:51 AM »
Heading to la Paz next week and planing on taking 4 rubber sling guns (2comanche, a AB biller and a super old home made one). Did anyone ever run into trouble when checking spearguns as a whole? (At least that is what I was planing to do...). Thanks!
youll be fine..... i was trying to save $.... i have guns here.... just nothing over75 cm.... ok for reef fish... but doubtful for the size of cabrilla i was hoping to see

Offline divenfish

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2017, 09:35:18 AM »
When asked what's in the box, here or at Mx customs, a good answer is  "fishing equipment"

Offline Abalonejoe

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2017, 11:41:59 AM »
When asked what's in the box, here or at Mx customs, a good answer is  "fishing equipment"
xrays dont lie!!! Lol

Offline Rob102

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2017, 12:59:55 PM »

I haven't flown with spearguns to Mexico, but I have taken them to Hawaii and South America. I checked them in sport tubes whole, and in pvc tubes with the handles removed. Never had a problem. Whether you call them spearguns or fishing gear is semantics, although in this PC country, fishing gear is less offensive. Regardless they will open and inspect and will know exactly what is packed. Just be sure the airline doesn't have any specific restrictions regarding spearguns.

Offline Abalonejoe

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2017, 05:12:43 AM »
My neighbor gave me a ride into town.... there is no spearo shop in los barriles, no mas!!! hmmmm

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt