collapse

Author Topic: Baja?  (Read 4273 times)

Offline ken jan

Re: Baja?
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2017, 06:26:29 AM »
Hi Abalodnejoe. love your posts!
So jealous that you are down there! I used to spend a month surfing from SD to Cabo on surf trips every summer, 20 years back. Stopped mostly on the pacific side, It's time to do it again! Now I fish and spear dive as well.
Just wanted to ask if the drive has changed in anyway I heard it wasn't as safe as before? I'm curious if the environment has changed since then as well?
Looks like you go down there a lot. do you have a house there, can one rent something? I guess your on the cortez side right?
Any info much appreciated! a buddy and I are planning a road trip down there soon.
Cheers

Offline lifeinmendo (Joseph R.)

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2017, 08:44:40 AM »
Just came back on Friday, Jan 6th from a trip to La Paz and Espiritu Santo Island. I rented a sling from a guy who runs the office at Posada Luna Sol, a small hotel and kayaking outfit on 5 de Febrero street. Talk with Ismael 011-52-612-122-7039. He has band guns and other gear (his shop is his home). Good Luck!

Offline Abalonejoe

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2017, 09:06:33 PM »
Just came back on Friday, Jan 6th from a trip to La Paz and Espiritu Santo Island. I rented a sling from a guy who runs the office at Posada Luna Sol, a small hotel and kayaking outfit on 5 de Febrero street. Talk with Ismael 011-52-612-122-7039. He has band guns and other gear (his shop is his home). Good Luck!
hey thanks man, but my neighbor bought me a mako handle that fit my gun from La Paz, tonite..... which was huge, cuz im only on a bycycle!!!

Offline Abalonejoe

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2017, 09:21:16 PM »
Hi Abalodnejoe. love your posts!
So jealous that you are down there! I used to spend a month surfing from SD to Cabo on surf trips every summer, 20 years back. Stopped mostly on the pacific side, It's time to do it again! Now I fish and spear dive as well.
Just wanted to ask if the drive has changed in anyway I heard it wasn't as safe as before? I'm curious if the environment has changed since then as well?
Looks like you go down there a lot. do you have a house there, can one rent something? I guess your on the cortez side right?
Any info much appreciated! a buddy and I are planning a road trip down there soon.
Cheers hey ken.... i use to do the same thing, only in the winter.... from 92-02... first stop was always san Miguel beach! Then wherever looked good, until Shipwrecks and 9 palms...... the road is a lot better now... i drove twice this year..... quite a bot of road work in the fall though after the huricanes..... and yes, i have a house just north of los barriles..... but theres no electricity.... so it makes charging phones and go pros difficult!!! Haha, oh well!!! As far as safe? Ive heard that its a lot more violent now, with a lot of Gringo killings.... but idk.... i feel pretty safe, and im alone!!... but hell, theres a ton of gringos here..... ill pm you my phone #, in case you want to chat!

Offline ken jan

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2017, 06:39:29 AM »
Thanks Joe!
Looking forward to chatting with you. How long are you down there for?

Cheers
Ken
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 06:52:32 AM by ken jan »

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt