collapse

Author Topic: what can we do  (Read 11240 times)

Offline Joshua R.

what can we do
« on: November 07, 2016, 02:33:46 PM »
This is the letter I sent to the commission today.  I need all of you to write to the commission to support this request.  It will help if you mention my name or the Watermen's Alliance or even this letter specifically.  Also, The Watermen's Alliance, SCAN, and The Mendocino County Fish and Game Commission are hosting a meeting in Fort Bragg on December 3rd to discuss the options proposed by the department and anything that comes out of this meeting at the MRC next week.  We need as many people as possible at the December 3rd meeting.  I know it's just outside of abalone season but if you didn't know already, December is when the big lings come in shallow.  I'll set the time for the December 3rd meeting when I meet with the department next week but I expect something like noon to 4.

Offline DG

Re: what can we do
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2016, 03:00:39 PM »
Does the letter need to be sent so they will have it by the Nov 15th meeting and if not what is the latest we have to send one out.

Offline 123ENGINEERING

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2016, 06:31:38 PM »
Hi Josh

I will send a letter this week.
Thank you for your dedication and passion which many of us benefit from...

Paul

Offline Joshua R.

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2016, 08:11:07 PM »
Does the letter need to be sent so they will have it by the Nov 15th meeting and if not what is the latest we have to send one out.
The more letters they get before the 15th the more likely they are to take me seriously. After the meeting on the 15th I'll ask for another letter to support whatever option I can negotiate at that meeting. This is it fellas.  If you're ever going to draw a line in the sand and say we won't stand for any more reductions this is it. Every one of you needs to write a letter and ask every one of your dive buddies to write a letter. This needs to go viral.

Offline Joshua R.

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2016, 06:38:52 AM »
 The best place to send letters is to:
Ian Taniguchi at: ian.taniguchi@wildlife.ca.gov
Or to the Commission at: fgc@fgc.ca.gov
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 06:26:54 PM by Joshua R. »

Offline DG

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2016, 06:46:05 AM »
Thanks for the clarification Josh.  I will start working on a letter.

Offline Duckfoot

• Jack Shaw Sculpture
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2016, 07:16:12 AM »
I'm not asking for public comments.  I'm asking people to ask the commissioners and department to meet with me and put together another option.  There is no due date but they need to get the letters to know how much public interest/support there is for this idea.

Jack, please delete your comment as it will only confuse people.  My request has nothing to do with public comment.

Done.
If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea.  –Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Offline the_derek

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2016, 08:58:44 AM »
will do.
Death is very often referred to as a good career move.

-Buddy Holly

Insta  @_the_derek_

Offline Stoney

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2016, 10:01:52 AM »
Anyone making a template I can put my name on, sign and send? Never been good at these things .

Nick

Offline StinkyPete

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2016, 10:14:42 AM »
Anyone making a template I can put my name on, sign and send? Never been good at these things .

Nick

Funny you should mention that...I'm going to make a form letter today for people to use.
Carpe piscem

Offline Brandi

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2016, 12:44:59 PM »

Nick

Form letters make it super easy to sign and send HOWEVER! not as effective as if its individualistic. If a form letter is to be designed, change it enough so it comes from you before you send it. 

My 2 cents

I prefer email at thegwtc@yahoo.com rather than PMs

"the ocean changes with every tide" ~ Kenny Tallman
"If you involved in politics there is always going to be someone who is upset with you.  You can never do the right thing for everyone." ~ JL

Offline Joshua R.

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2016, 01:43:19 PM »
The e-mails are working guys.  I just got a call from the department asking me what options divers want.  That's huge!  So I'll make you a deal, you post a screen shot of your e-mail to the commission or cc me on your e-mail and I'll take your suggestion straight to the department on the 15th.  You can also include your suggestion in your e-mail but post it here to and get some ideas flowing.

Offline the_derek

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2016, 03:51:25 PM »
The e-mails are working guys.  I just got a call from the department asking me what options divers want.  That's huge!  So I'll make you a deal, you post a screen shot of your e-mail to the commission or cc me on your e-mail and I'll take your suggestion straight to the department on the 15th.  You can also include your suggestion in your e-mail but post it here to and get some ideas flowing.

I would like to hear from the board as to what ideas you guys have for management moving forward. I don't know enough about it to make a case one way or another, but I would like to hear some suggestions.
Death is very often referred to as a good career move.

-Buddy Holly

Insta  @_the_derek_

Offline Steve M

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2016, 04:54:34 PM »
Josh 
If I could get an e-mail to forward the letters I sent last week and this am it would be helpful. I'm a little behind in this computer stuff. Thanks for the effort in getting the ball going in the right direction.
Steve

Offline StinkyPete

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2016, 06:11:16 PM »

Nick

Form letters make it super easy to sign and send HOWEVER! not as effective as if its individualistic. If a form letter is to be designed, change it enough so it comes from you before you send it. 

My 2 cents

Agreed, but between no letter and form letter....form letter
Carpe piscem

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt