Diving News > Dive news

SF Chronicle Seafood's new normal California's coastal ecosystem — and the fis

(1/1)

MATT MATTISON:
Seafood's new normal

California's coastal ecosystem — and the fisheries that depend on it — are in the grip of a huge disruption
By Tara Duggan
October 2016

http://projects.sfchronicle.com/2016/california-seafood-collapse/

to me this is more of the media jumping on the echo nazi's bandwagon and more of the media sky is falling the world is ending Sensationalism as we all know bad news and drama make for good press !!! just my 2-cents

Joshua R.:
I took that reporter and her husband diving earlier this year.  They both got limits their first time in the ocean.  I think the media is just unaware that the biologists are using them.  I talked to her about it when we dove in June and I sent her an e-mail just now to discuss it with her.  The article isn't that damning for us though, it talks more about the commercial fisheries but this is a good opportunity for me to show her how some use the media to sway public opinion at a crucial time.  She knows the abs are out there and plentiful.

DG:

--- Quote from: Joshua R. on October 31, 2016, 09:10:50 AM ---I took that reporter and her husband diving earlier this year.  They both got limits their first time in the ocean.  I think the media is just unaware that the biologists are using them.  I talked to her about it when we dove in June and I sent her an e-mail just now to discuss it with her.  The article isn't that damning for us though, it talks more about the commercial fisheries but this is a good opportunity for me to show her how some use the media to sway public opinion at a crucial time.  She knows the abs are out there and plentiful.

--- End quote ---
Glad you are helping to give folks a real life experience and first hand knowledge of what's really going on. 

Diver Dan:
Nice work Josh. Old Chinese proverb: “Tell me and I will forget. Show me and I will remember. Involve me and I will understand. Step back and I will act."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version