collapse

Author Topic: Getting into the U/W Photo World  (Read 4183 times)

Offline Duckfoot

• Jack Shaw Sculpture
Re: Getting into the U/W Photo World
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2016, 01:23:18 PM »
I'd be interested to know how far you can push the ISO before you get noise. The 5D II starts to show it after 800 but I have a Topaz plugin that does a great job of reducing it - much better than the Photoshop noise reduction. Because of the plugin I can shoot 1600 without a problem and pushing it further works ok but too much noise reduction and it gets soft. I hear the 5D III goes about 6400 before you need to worry. Can only imagine what the IV does.

Look forward to seeing more of your shots!
If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea.  –Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Offline Papio3

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2016, 02:43:09 PM »
That's why shooting full frame is awesome, less noise since it draws in more light. I don't try and go over 400 ISO since I like the sharpness and clarity of of lower ISO settings even though I know th 5D can handle higher ISO options. Do you have any shots you've taken that you'd like to share?

Offline Duckfoot

• Jack Shaw Sculpture
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2016, 09:29:11 PM »
Not really - nothing of interest anyway.
If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea.  –Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt