collapse

Author Topic: Monterey  (Read 1058 times)

Offline Sir Rob IV

Monterey
« on: September 28, 2016, 06:15:52 PM »
Anyone have a viz report? Thinking of heading out there Friday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Slamson

Re: Monterey
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 08:33:55 PM »
No viz report, but I was thinking of hitting it up friday morning too and I have nobody to go with. Let me know if you wanna meet up.

Offline naturalSelection

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 08:58:56 PM »
I'll be up in that piece tomorrow, I'll try to remember to post a report for you

Offline naturalSelection

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2016, 09:37:47 AM »
Red tide at del Monte, I didn't even waste my time. Straight brown. Carmel was better, 15' viz. Wind picked up in afternoon. No good game fish, but did bag blacks and olives.

Offline CaExplorer

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2016, 11:01:14 AM »
I dove last Saturday in near Carmel River and had some of the best visibility I've ever experienced (only been diving three years for what it's worth, so take my info with a gain of salt). It was so good that on Monday while trying to do the booking keeping for my business, I bailed after three hours and shot back to Carmel. The vis was a little worse, but epic based on my personal experience in the area. Well worth pushing the office work to another weekday evening for the beauty and some Rockcod for dinner, yum.

We were out early both says. Carmel bay was around 25 foot vis Monday.

A scuba instructor at Bamboo Reef said the breakwater had terrible vis.

I'm headed to Carmel River Beach again with two other divers, feel free to join. 9:00am at the southern most parking lot on Scenic. Looks a little windy as mention by Natural and per his post id expect less vis.

Call or text me if your interested.
650-269-1675
Cheers,
Chris
Right now, you are exactly where you are supposed to be.

Offline Gernot

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2016, 11:58:33 AM »
Dove Butterfly house on Tuesday and viz was stellar! Unfortunately Lingzilla broke the line on my gun so I had to retreat after 2 Blues...

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt