collapse

Author Topic: Yet, another f10 bits it  (Read 5276 times)

Offline Joshua R.

Re: Yet, another f10 bits it
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2016, 10:25:53 AM »
I wonder if there's something to that. I bought my F10 almost 3 years ago when it was still made by Aeris and haven't had any issues with it, short of the backlight going out (never used it anyways).
If that's the case, looks like after the warranty is up I'll look at diffrent options. Its hard to find a good freedive watch for a reasonable price.

I've been recommending this to newer divers.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=pyle+dive+watch

It aint fancy and you're not going to impress anyone in the dive club but it tells you your dive time, depth, and I haven't had anyone complain about it not working. 

Offline Joshua R.

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2016, 10:33:28 AM »
D4i Freedive mode works awesome. I love the watch. Easy to use and lots of features. There's a pretty screaming deal right now from a watch store in Florida, too. All their Suunto watches are on sale.

http://www.dexclusive.com/suunto-ss016824000-d4i-dive-computer-watch.html

I love my D4 and this is a great price. I've had this one since 2009 and when it breaks I'll probably get another D4.

Offline ji

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2016, 11:00:55 AM »
D4i Freedive mode works awesome. I love the watch. Easy to use and lots of features. There's a pretty screaming deal right now from a watch store in Florida, too. All their Suunto watches are on sale.

http://www.dexclusive.com/suunto-ss016824000-d4i-dive-computer-watch.html

I saw that link before I posted my reply, almost TGTBT, hmmm. I am not scuba certified and only use freedive mode. Before taking PFI class years back I noticed they were using this watch. I can't dive with out it.

Offline JoshThor

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2016, 11:26:31 AM »

I saw that link before I posted my reply, almost TGTBT, hmmm.

Haha, yeah it almost is. But I can verify. I actually ordered mine from them. Also, if anyone reading this does order there. Give them a call and order over the phone. If I remember right, they gave me another 10% off on top of that price when I asked about discounts.  :D

Offline JoshThor

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2016, 11:27:59 AM »

I love my D4 and this is a great price. I've had this one since 2009 and when it breaks I'll probably get another D4.

Yeah Josh, I bought mine when I saw your recommendation on the last f.10 failure post. Love it.

Offline dogpaddle

• Work...Whats that?
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_hI3a6Voyhx839MAaNlxvA
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2016, 12:37:57 PM »
Another f10 post? Damn your on a role dude! Haha jk. Glad you had a good day with some good fish.
Guess I'm just lucky like that. I know a lot of people use the f10. Wonder if it's just me? At least the watch still looks good, that's what really counts!
SPONSERED BY THE BATMAN AND AQUAMAN FOUNDATION

Offline naturalSelection

« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2016, 02:21:52 PM »
I wonder if there's something to that. I bought my F10 almost 3 years ago when it was still made by Aeris and haven't had any issues with it, short of the backlight going out (never used it anyways).
If that's the case, looks like after the warranty is up I'll look at diffrent options. Its hard to find a good freedive watch for a reasonable price.

I've been recommending this to newer divers.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=pyle+dive+watch

It aint fancy and you're not going to impress anyone in the dive club but it tells you your dive time, depth, and I haven't had anyone complain about it not working.

This watch is fine. I've been through 3 of them, but luckily they crap out before the warranty expires. One of them flooded after a year of hard diving, another the buttons seized up, and number 3 is runnin strong. After hearing Dog Paddle's stories, I'm perfectly happy with my revolving door of $90 Pyle snorkeling watches haha

Offline MATT MATTISON

• Dreaming of the day abalone is re-opened
  • Administrator
  • Diving My HAPPY PLACE
    • http://norcalunderwaterhunters.com/forum/MGalleryItem.php?id=1815
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2016, 07:54:18 PM »
Got you all beat I am going on my 6th F10
CHECK OUT MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL AT:
https://www.youtube.com/user/mattmattison/videos

THANK YOU TO MY AWESOME SPONSORS

Offline Rob102

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2016, 07:55:26 PM »
Damn!  I still use my first.

Offline Amsmosh

« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2016, 09:59:13 PM »

Yeah but your Rob102. Theres something to be said for that.
God grant me the vision to dream of catching fish, the focus to visualize myself catching fish, the faith to believe that I will catch fish, and the wisdom to keep the freezer stocked with hamburgers and hot dogs.

Offline Rob102

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2016, 08:47:33 PM »

Yeah but your Rob102. Theres something to be said for that.

Offline Kelp Creeper

« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2016, 11:02:41 AM »
I have the Pyle watch. So far so good.
I use it to tell my dive times, depths, and as a timer for rest periods.
I like it because it's cheap and gives me good feedback.

In some of the very low vis days in sketchy areas I noticed my bottom time suffers a lot. So I play little games with myself to loosen up. "This time I'm going to just go to the bottom and sit for at least x amount of time and try to relax". You know... stuff like that.

So far my records are 34.9 feet deep and 51 second dive. (I'm sure that's nothing but this is my first season... I started really diving around May this year).

I think dive watches are pretty handy speaking for myself at least. And as of now the budget went to the Kayak.

Offline dogpaddle

• Work...Whats that?
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_hI3a6Voyhx839MAaNlxvA
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2016, 04:54:48 PM »
I have the Pyle watch. So far so good.
I use it to tell my dive times, depths, and as a timer for rest periods.
I like it because it's cheap and gives me good feedback.

In some of the very low vis days in sketchy areas I noticed my bottom time suffers a lot. So I play little games with myself to loosen up. "This time I'm going to just go to the bottom and sit for at least x amount of time and try to relax". You know... stuff like that.

So far my records are 34.9 feet deep and 51 second dive. (I'm sure that's nothing but this is my first season... I started really diving around May this year).

I think dive watches are pretty handy speaking for myself at least. And as of now the budget went to the Kayak.
That's pretty good! Not sure what your background is but would recommend FII and you'll probably see an improvement that. Keep it up!
SPONSERED BY THE BATMAN AND AQUAMAN FOUNDATION

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt