General Discussion > The Boat section

Is this going to be a big enough boat

<< < (2/3) > >>

MATT MATTISON:
 I started out with a 12ft zodiac and it worked great but you have to chose your swell and wind wisely. It will get you started and use to driving and learning how to safely operate on our norcal coast. Eventually just like the rest of us who started out with a smaller boat you will soon grow out of it and want a bigger one. also you know what BOAT stands for right ? BOAT = BUST OUT ANOTHER THOUSAND

DG:

--- Quote from: MATT MATTISON on June 24, 2016, 02:03:58 PM ---also you know what BOAT stands for right ? BOAT = BUST OUT ANOTHER THOUSAND

--- End quote ---

A 12'r is only $500 a pop, but you can just put the other $500 in savings so you are ready when you upgrade. 

ryang85:
 If your boat is hypolon your gunna be spending a lot less on repair and a lot more on acsessories if you treat it right. (Don't drag it on the ground even in sand!!). But depending on the motor and trailer condition you could be getting that boat for free  at that price.  Right I'm looking at a 14 foot zodiac mark 2 , gotta ask what type of fish finders do you guys like to use on these things, I know Lowrance is a good brand, but I want something reliable and not expensive. And any other setups that make life easier diving on a zodiac.

AquaManIvan:
Overall, Hypalon is better and more UV resistant than PVC. One benefit of PVC is that the seams are often welded not glued on name brand models in the last 10 years or so. This greatly decreases the tendency for seams to come unglued after 10-15 years. Overall, for smaller boats PVC (if seams are welded) may be actually better and cheaper choice if the boat is kept out of sunlight during storage.

ryang85:

--- Quote from: AquaManIvan on June 25, 2016, 01:35:21 PM ---Overall, Hypalon is better and more UV resistant than PVC. One benefit of PVC is that the seams are often welded not glued on name brand models in the last 10 years or so. This greatly decreases the tendency for seams to come unglued after 10-15 years. Overall, for smaller boats PVC (if seams are welded) may be actually better and cheaper choice if the boat is kept out of sunlight during storage.

--- End quote ---
The early  90s pvc zodiacs weren't  welded seams on making a some problems. But the newer pvc is welded.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version