NorCal Underwater Hunters Discussion > Hunting Gear

Dive Watches?

(1/3) > >>

StinkyPete:
Iiiiiiiiiiiii'm backkkkkkkkkkk.....

My browser finally isn't seeing the NCUH site as a threat anymore, so I've been able to get back on. Lots of new faces it seems.

I just got back from a spearfishing trip in Baja and my Aeris F10 V2, after years of faithful service, finally took a dump on me halfway through the trip. It had been having a lot of trouble over the past 6 months, and now it's died in the forever sense. Since I've been out of the loop with the dive watch-game due to grad school occupying all my time, I was wondering what people are wearing now?

Three I've seen dominating the web after a quick search:
-Aeris F10 V3
-Suunto D4f
-Garmin MK1

Anyone have thoughts on these?

gear.eye:
Its all fine and dandy until you gotta replace the battery... You can't replace the battery in some of these watches unless you to ship the darn thing to them.

I mean, really?  I can go down 60+ ft on a single breath, but I can't change an O ring :D

I dive every week man, I am not waiting 3 weeks for a stupid battery.

Hence my mares smart apnea.

StinkyPete:

--- Quote from: gear.eye on January 17, 2019, 06:31:09 PM ---Its all fine and dandy until you gotta replace the battery... You can't replace the battery in some of these watches unless you to ship the darn thing to them.

I mean, really?  I can go down 60+ ft on a single breath, but I can't change an O ring :D

I dive every week man, I am not waiting 3 weeks for a stupid battery.

Hence my mares smart apnea.

--- End quote ---

That all makes sense and is my primary concern with the Garmin (aside from price) because it needs a cable to charge. As for batteries, replacing the battery on the Aeris was no big deal. Did that a bunch of times over the years.

I'll add the Mares to the list as well

Rob102:
Besides the new gps watch, I don’t think much has changed.

CaExplorer:
I've been considering a watch for sometime, but undecided. Seems like it could be a useful tool for progression and provide accurate information...but expensive, distracting and anothor item to managed while gearing up and diving.

Do you think they are worth the investment?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version