collapse

Author Topic: 2018 Highlight Vid  (Read 697 times)

Offline Zzz

• Imperius Rex
    • Zzz Youtube
2018 Highlight Vid
« on: January 02, 2019, 12:02:57 PM »
This group seems more active than ever and I want to be a part of it! Here's a short collection of 2018 spearfishing footage:

I didn't get out as much as I wanted to, but I had a lot of fun. I'm finally fully geared up, I trained my breath-hold, and got comfortable hunting at 60ft in the Humboldt/Mendo murk. I had the pleasure of hanging out with a great group of local divers and I'm looking forward to more in 2019!

One of the biggest challenges is learning to capture (and edit) good footage. Reviewing GoPro clips with friends after a dive is a lot of fun and it's a great way improve your diving technique, but most of my shots were total garbage. Many of my personal favorite moments didn't translate to good footage so I can really appreciate the amount of effort and skill it takes when I watch other people's video. I'm having fun with it though and I'm planning to compile some more video when I have the time.

Cheers to 2019

Offline Zzz

• Imperius Rex
    • Zzz Youtube
Re: 2018 Highlight Vid
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2019, 12:08:24 PM »
Eating good is the best part:

Offline TheKeeneroo

• Administrator
  • There's definitely a fish under THIS rock....
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 12:11:59 PM »
This was such a great video for so many reasons that many divers might not pick up on. Good Footage is hard to get. Sometimes your flashlight gets stuck in a rock and you might drown if you don't keep your head on straight. hunting 60' takes training. only the hard core dudes can dive down, find a fish, forget to load bands, load bands, and still make the verm shot (that part was hilarious and rad). One note is make sure your buddy spits the snorkel out before diving =P Quickest way to drown in SWB is to have your snorkel in. Overall that was entertaining and I can totally relate. I have at least 30 folders on my computer with various dive footage that I have just not taken the time to put into a video... mainly, like you said, because the great moments didn't translate well to footage. I think in 2019 I will try to focus more on getting good shots and making good shots for the purpose of video. Maybe one day I'll make a "remember what happened in 2018" video... haha.

Great stuff! Keep it up!
"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails." - William Arthur Ward

Eric, Pacific Grove
Instagram - @thekeeneroo    Facebook - @Ekeener1
Century Free Diver, Level 1 Free Dive Cert, EANx
DOTY 2018 - 3rd Place
Bring the Ling 2018 - 1st Place (=P)

Online Creatura

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2019, 03:03:29 PM »
Nice song choice bru!

And, nothing beats blue ling sushi! 

Offline Mike n

• MAN Mid-Handles
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2019, 06:35:27 PM »
 8)

MN

Offline mtitch12

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2019, 07:25:37 PM »
Nice work on the video and getting some good fish! Love the song choice too
Only need 3 more years and I'll be able to think like a fish.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/MattTitchenal

Offline Zzz

• Imperius Rex
    • Zzz Youtube
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2019, 09:22:08 AM »
Thanks!

This is definitely a "remember 2018" project for me. You're right about the snorkel in the mouth, Keener, he knows better now. He's a fantastic diver, but I had to call him on that because it's unsafe and it made me nervous.

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt