General Discussion > Freediving Discussion

JAIL TIME???

(1/6) > >>

TheKeeneroo:
MAKE SURE YOU KNOW WHERE THE NO FISH BOUNDARIES ARE!!!

Since it's all over the place now... the news articles you've probably already seen (KION and KSBW)
are not accurate. I know 3 of the 4 guys pretty well. First off it was a simple mistake of boundary line (their fault), second there was NEVER any mention of jail and their fine is not $1k, third they didn't get as many fish as they make it sound to be (insert joke about fishing prowess here). Fake news is obnoxious and can be pretty damaging considering full names were used and it could possibly hinder these young men's careers/lives. The DFG office that got to them even mentioned how it was clear they were mistakenly sport fishing in the wrong spot, not poaching.

This is a GREAT MAP to research where the no fish zones are. I use it often.

Typical sensational fake news making a big deal out of something that isn't a big deal. Yes, they were mistaken and are paying for it, but to chalk it up to some big hype since DFG hasn't had a big break in a long time and so that Big Sur residents can finally have something to stick their noses up to is just frustrating.

Moral of the story: Know where your fishing and what you're fishing for.

MATT MATTISON:
what have I missed ?? what news article ?

TheKeeneroo:

--- Quote from: MATT MATTISON on October 12, 2018, 08:26:35 AM ---what have I missed ?? what news article ?

--- End quote ---

Click the links in my post :)

Malibu_Two:
It says they took fifteen fish. That sounds believable for four guys.

TheKeeneroo:

--- Quote from: Malibu_Two on October 12, 2018, 09:34:52 AM ---It says they took fifteen fish. That sounds believable for four guys.

--- End quote ---

One of the guys I was talking to chuckled when he admitted he only shot one blue =P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version