General Discussion > Freediving Discussion

Fish Spine Infection (with pics)

<< < (2/3) > >>

Chaw III:

--- Quote from: Sir Rob IV on September 11, 2018, 10:25:47 AM ---Damn thanks for the write up. Makes me think I should finally dig out that urchin spine in my leg from a few months ago

--- End quote ---

I wonder the same thing, I've had a lingcod tooth in my finger for over a year and a urchin spine in my elbow for 6 weeks now with no problems. I would guess that if an infection would have happened it would have been right away, someone tell me if I'm wrong!
Perhaps the body will reject it years down the road such as this fellow with glass in his elbow. 

TheKeeneroo:

--- Quote from: Chaw III on September 11, 2018, 03:06:02 PM ---
--- Quote from: Sir Rob IV on September 11, 2018, 10:25:47 AM ---Damn thanks for the write up. Makes me think I should finally dig out that urchin spine in my leg from a few months ago

--- End quote ---

I wonder the same thing, I've had a lingcod tooth in my finger for over a year and a urchin spine in my elbow for 6 weeks now with no problems. I would guess that if an infection would have happened it would have been right away, someone tell me if I'm wrong!
Perhaps the body will reject it years down the road such as this fellow with glass in his elbow. 

--- End quote ---

I did a belly flop in a shallow cold river after a hotsprings session in Big Sur and what I thought was just one small pebble lodged itself into the palm of my hand. I squeezed it out and was good to go. For 4 years I had a callous reform over the wound. Then I needed my second wrist surgery for an unrelated thing and when they did the soft tissue scan, found a pebble still in there. So they did the wrist surgery and took the pebble out. I guess some bodies are just more prone to infection. #immunesystemstronglikebull

Tez:

--- Quote from: Slamson on September 11, 2018, 10:53:08 AM ---You sure that's not poison oak? Gotta say from my experience that looks exactly like it

--- End quote ---

It's definitely poison oak, but "Fish Spine Infection" is cooler sounding....and a better album name.  ;D

TheKeeneroo:

--- Quote from: Tez on September 11, 2018, 03:18:08 PM ---
--- Quote from: Slamson on September 11, 2018, 10:53:08 AM ---You sure that's not poison oak? Gotta say from my experience that looks exactly like it

--- End quote ---

It's definitely poison oak, but "Fish Spine Infection" is cooler sounding....and a better album name.  ;D

--- End quote ---

I ain't arguin' - just wonder what it was that got the docs thinking differently.

dogpaddle:
What kinda fish did that? I'm not taking those anymore :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version